Paragraph text coming up as a white block

EjjEjj Member Posts: 18
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi, in my game I am creating a help page, however, on one of the actors with the paragraph text, it appears as a white, horizontal block, the height of the text.

Now, this only actually happens on the iPad itself, when I preview in gamesalad, the text displays fine. It's just when I run it in the iPad viewer app that it does this.

I was having this problem with three of the four text blocks. One simply worked, I 'fixed' two by using the first line in one "Display Text" behaviour, then creating another, hitting alt enter twice to make a space, and then pasting the rest of the paragraph to that. This is a week fix, it looks horrible, and if I could somehow fix this, I'd love to be able to.

One of the paragraphs, however, simply wont work no matter what I seem to do.

Comments

• MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    GS doesn't handle more than 3 lines of text in device display... you can enter it anyway you like... but you will get the white block on the devices if over 2-3 lines..

make you Instructions a .png image...and use that...

last summer, a lot of us spent a week or more on trying to work around.... you did good... but like the idea of the png now...because I can use a transparent background, a semi-transparent background... or layer in the instructions over the background image I want for that scene and use that as the png...

MH
  • EjjEjj Member Posts: 18
    .... That's... so weird. Anyways, thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    multi line text is alive and well both on the viewer and adhoc builds, maybe things have changed since last summer.
  • EjjEjj Member Posts: 18
    I'm as up to date as possible and it didn't work for me.
    exactly what are you putting in to your behaviour?
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    how many lines @Rob2?

curious....although I have gotten to love the png text...

MH
    As many as you want depending on point size but CENTER align only, left and right are bugs.

I have managed 22 on iphone 3GS in landscape with a setting of 10 point (it actually renders more like 6.5 point). But the expression is a huge ugly nightmare, there is so much work that needs to be done on GSC.
    this works for me in a display text behaviour Align: center only
    (left & right are buggered)

here is six lines that I have tested pasting in to the expression editor [MUST USE GREEN TICK]

"Hello\thow\tcan\tI\thelp?".."\n".."this\tis\tan\texample\tof ".."\n".."a\tblock\tthat\tI ".."\n".."think\tshould\tdisplay ".."\n".."correctly.\tBut\tmaybe\t".."\n".."WOOSH\tnot?"

the \t are spaces which look good on device not so great on Mac preview (maybe ok MAS)

if you use text.attributes you don't have to worry about spaces as they can be in your attribute typed normally but still must use .. between each new attribute and "\n" for newline

so my.text.."\n"..my2nd.text.."\n"..my3rd.text etc

you can mix text and text.attributes