Wrong file format? PLEASE HELP!

IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hello!
I used GS Project Resizer tool to make an iPad version of my iPhone game. Now, when I want to publish it, while "Sigining" I get en error, that my file is not in the correct format. I saved my game project as a new file, but this porblem still occurs.
Do you guys know anything about it? What could I do wrong? What should I do? I got this message everytime! Please help!

Thank you!

Comments

• IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    Bump
    Anyone, please! :)
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    have you tried publishing a basic template just to narrow down the problem ?
    Rob2 said:
    have you tried publishing a basic template just to narrow down the problem ?

Nope, but that's a good idea! Now I try to publish one more time, with new profiles, and certificates.

Thanks Rob!
    I downloaded again everything from Apple, and tried again to publish - the same error everytime - that my app isn't in the right file format. I have the newest GS. The game project file is about 500 MB.
    Then I tried to publish something smaller - I took a copy of the same game and deleted all sounds and graphics to make it smaller. I used the same publishing setup and profile. It worked.
    I have no idea why I can't publish my game.

Do you have any other ideas? Please help me!
    Bump.
  • wayneh001wayneh001 Member Posts: 300
    TheMoonwalls, are you saying the problem now seems to be linked to the [Size] of your project? Your 1st post suggests our GS Resizer Tool has caused this problem - albeit we know of, and have publish many converted apps without issue.

Have you tried emailing GameSalad directly, to see if the issue is [Size] related?
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    If it worked when you trimmed it down it must be the size and gs sever?

500mb is a big one though.

Darren.
    Hi everyone!
    I just want to let you know that I replaced iPad size graphics with my smaller iPhone graphics. Now my game is about 200 MB, I published it without any troubles, and it still looks great on iPad.
    I think that GS is not able to publish very big games.