Angry Birds coming to Facebook, Interesting Article

butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
edited November -1 in Non-GS Game News
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fasterforward/2011/03/angry_birds_coming_to_facebook.html

Interesting article, Angry Birds is on the Mac App store, iPad, iPhone, Android, PSP, and now Facebook! What's next, the 3DS? ;)

Comments

• DizkoDizko Member Posts: 498
    I believe Windows Mobile is on the table next for them.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    I think that gaming on facebook could be a great thing for indie devs. I am really hoping GS comes out with HTML5 games soon. Think how powerful a viral facebook game could be as a way to get people to buy your game so they can play it on the go when they are away from facebook. It's the same idea behind canabalt having a free online version of the game and a paid iphone app.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    scitunes said:
    I think that gaming on facebook could be a great thing for indie devs. I am really hoping GS comes out with HTML5 games soon. Think how powerful a viral facebook game could be as a way to get people to buy your game so they can play it on the go when they are away from facebook. It's the same idea behind canabalt having a free online version of the game and a paid iphone app.

It would be nice for html5 stuff for more than Facebook. I've thought about doing "lite versions" on my website using the embed stuff from here but honestly how many potential customers have macs. not near as many as PC's
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    tenrdrmer said:
    It would be nice for html5 stuff for more than Facebook. I've thought about doing "lite versions" on my website using the embed stuff from here but honestly how many potential customers have macs. not near as many as PC's

I totally agree. I have a sciTunes website for my science games but without a mac you can't play them. It's killing my science curriculum business. I only mentioned FB above because butterbean mentioned it in the title.