picture import been auto resize

DsAngelDsAngel Member Posts: 29
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi! i'm new and try using gamesalad to build game!

Anyway, i have encounter a weird problem. Every time when i import my image into the game salad, the image size been auto rescale to a weird size.. example:

situation A
just drag and drop a 960 x 640 image and when check in gamesalad size it became 189x126..

situation B
i created a actor with a preset of 480x320 and then drag and drop a 960x640 onto it, then image quality is the same as 189x126 but a scale up blur version....

i have try to put my char at 160x160 but when in gamesalad the size become 17.7165x17,7165...

Do anyone know what actually happen?

btw, i have save picture in 72 resolution and in .png.

Thanks!

Comments

• DrGlickertDrGlickert Member Posts: 1,135
    Did you click on Enable Resolution Independence? That's the only thing I can think of, but I'm fairly new too.
  • DsAngelDsAngel Member Posts: 29
    Yes! i have click on it... but if without a that the 960x640 image size will be 378x252...

still dont understand why it turn out like that...
  • DrGlickertDrGlickert Member Posts: 1,135
    Hmm, I'm out of ideas then. Sorry boss. Maybe try a few searches for past posts on the forum and see what turns up? That's about all I've got. Good luck.
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    A...select the image pane in GS and click the [ + ] and import that way
    sounds to me like you are dragging in Thumbs of the images...

to test ... in the Editor where you add/delete images... double-click one...it will open in Mac Preview App...select Tools and Show Info... there it will give you the size and dpi of that image as stored in GS

if those numbers are not what you want... then somehow your image is not right...

B... if you are in the Actor Editor and drag in an image from the image pane that image will resize and distort to the actor size...
    Conversely, if you are in just the scene Editor... and drag an image from the image pane to the Actor Pane as a new actor or onto an existing actor...the actor will resize to the image size.

MH
  • DsAngelDsAngel Member Posts: 29
    i see.. That help! It turn out that i i forget to change my dpi/cm to dpi/inch that why the screen resolution when nut!

and on size note, as long as i chk the Enable Resolution Independence, the gamesalad will put up 960x640 size on Hi-res and 480x320 on low-res, right? coz now edit in a 480x320 screen worry the coordinate will be affected!

Anyway, Thanks for help! :)