Just installed GS, and don't know how to open it. Please help !

alkagizealkagize Member Posts: 17
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi,

I'm a grand newbie to GS. I just downloaded the software and installed it. I dragged it to Application and double click on the GameSalad icon. A windows pop up with tabs: Home, News, Start, Profile and so on.

My question is how do I start a new game project? I've read one tutorial and they said: click to start GameSalad and a Template window should appear, but i didn't see any template windows.

Please help me.

Thank you,

Alan,

Comments

• scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    click on new (big plus sign on the left) and select "my great project" to start a brand new project.

However, you may want to try opening one of the other projects listed under new and then click the green preview button. This will show you that game. Then go back to the main game scene and click on actors to see what is going on in them.

AND WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDEOS! they are really helpful!

Oh, Welcome to GS!
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    Click the "New" button, and a bunch of templates will appear, just double click the one you want to check out.

It would also help to watch the tutorial videos on youtube. They pretty much cover all the basics of GameSalad.

http://www.youtube.com/user/GameSaladCookbook
  • osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    Welcome to GS!!! Like scitunes said, check out the video tutorials on YouTube. They go over everything from simple stuff like creating a project to extremely complex code. Look forward to seeing what you can do with this great tool. If you have any questions, just post on the forums, someone is always on hand to help day or night. You can also get answers to several of your questions by searching the forum. Good luck!

- Alex
  • alkagizealkagize Member Posts: 17
    Thanks everyone... I did see that +New tab and those templates, but I thought that those games are selling by other users :)

I'm very exciting to start working on GameSalad Creator, and love the community so far. Everyone seems to be very friendly in here. I got 3 replies to help me within 5 minutes. Really appreciated !

Thanks again guys,
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    the videos are grand... and exploring all the other areas of that opening GS screen... like Start etc.

and you can explore the interface while watching those videos by simply clicking the youTube pause and trying out some of things...

play around with everything in GS... see what it does... you can crash it... but not total it!

I remember making a default Actor.... and putting all the behaviors on it... ;D
    and another one where I changed all the attributes to see what would happen!

MH