Recycling not working for me

tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
edited November -1 in Tech Support
So i've tried everything I can think of. Here is a video to show the problem a little better. But basically every pass of the coins the spacing changes even though they all recycle from the same point and back to the same point. I've tried every way possible to make them move and they all act a little different but do the same general thing. Also this video only has 1/4 of the coins the normal one has its even worse when they are all in the scene.

Any ideas how to over come this would be greatly appreciated. We have a game waiting on this to be smoothed out.

Thanks
Aaron

Comments

• mynameisacemynameisace Hull, UKMember Posts: 2,484
    What's your code buddy?

Ace
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    i think the problem is the speed, i played around in a demo and the faster they moved, the worse the spacing messed up.

here's the project I was playing with, if you adjust the speed in the attributes, you can see how they move.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5068448/loop.zip
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    mynameisace said:
    What's your code buddy?

Ace

yes! how are you moving them across the screen? ...interpolate? (that gives the acceleration and variant gaps)... linear velocity? ... does the screen have Wrap X true?

are the coins individually selectable/react to touch?

how many coins are in your initial sequence that you are recycling? 7?

MH
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    jonmulcahy said:
    i think the problem is the speed, i played around in a demo and the faster they moved, the worse the spacing messed up.

here's the project I was playing with, if you adjust the speed in the attributes, you can see how they move.

That what i'm thinking to. I haven't tried wrapping the scene yet but really that does help since I need large scene so all of the ground actors and such will be able to recycle too.
    MotherHoose said:
    yes! how are you moving them across the screen? ...interpolate? (that gives the acceleration and variant gaps)... linear velocity? ... does the screen have Wrap X true?

are the coins individually selectable/react to touch?

how many coins are in your initial sequence that you are recycling? 7?

MH

I have used all movement options, Interpolate, Change Velocity, Move, Accelerate, Etc…
    There are going to be 24
    they do not have any touch rules
    Haven't tried Wrapping. the scene is 1400 wide so I would need a lot more coins on scene to keep them even and the more actors the lower FPS.
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    can you do it with several coins in one image?

@Jon... loved the demo!

we gotta get this resolved for tenrdrmer... he solves so many for us!

MH
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    tendrmer, you could always try contacting codemonkey, he might have some alternative ideas.
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    i basically fixed it for him, it consisted of making the scene size smaller, using wrap, and constraining the linear velocity x.

The only thing i couldnt figure out is why it got so weird with the bigger scene, even though i adjusted all the rules. if anyone else has some suggestions please chime in!
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    jonmulcahy said:
    tendrmer, you could always try contacting codemonkey, he might have some alternative ideas.

I've actually sent a bug report a couple days ago but no reply. I think johns way will work. It hurt the fps a little and required more actors on the scene but it is moving evenly. I know I typed a reply about john doing his version but I guess I forgot to hit submit because I don't see it here.
  • FranzKellerFranzKeller Member Posts: 517
    Is there a way to "wrap" some actors, and not others, btw?