TOUCH SENSITIVE JUMP??

app-etiteapp-etite Member Posts: 139
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi Guys

thanks to mynameisace and johnpapiomitis ive got my character jumping nicely.

but does anybody know how to change the height of the jump according to how long the player touches the screen?

Thanks

-App-etite

Comments

• JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    Have a attribute called jump height.

Set it to 200.

In the jumpp button, have when touch is pressed and touch is inside, every 1 second change jump buttton to jump button +100.

Then in the jump button have another rule when touch is released change jump height to 100

Then in your player for the jump, where you put the rule i told you when jump =1 change self motion linear y to self motion linear y +200, change that to be change self motion linear y to self motion linear y +jump height.

So waht your doing is its jumping to whatever number jump height is. Its set to 200 so one touch will be a normal jump. But when you hold it it adds 100 to that number every second, making you jump higher the longer you hold it. Then when you realease it changes that number back to a normal jump.

I
  • app-etiteapp-etite Member Posts: 139
    Thanks a lot john

Try that when I get home. the only thing im thinking is do i have to create an invisible actor across the screen like i have for my jump attribute? because if i have two invisible actor on top of each other, will the one on the top layer take priority making the actor with my other attributes underneath do nothing? or will it recognise both?

Thanks

-App-etite
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    it will reconize both.

Also where i put touch is released change to 100, make that 200 (or whatever the jump height attribute is set to start at) sorry it would let me edit.

How i told you will work, you just might have to tweak the+100 to +50 or the every 1 second to every.5 seconds or whatever you want

cheers
  • footloosefootloose Member Posts: 20
    I swear I read this thread as "Touch sensitive junk" about 5 times already.
  • app-etiteapp-etite Member Posts: 139
    I double checked over and over but it dont seem to work. he just changes to the jump pose and stays there until i double click to get him back to the running animation. I must be putting in something wrong somewhere.

by the way Im assuming to set attribute to 200 i use change attribute?

-app-etite