Any native chinese speakers here? If yes, can you translate this please?

xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
edited November -1 in Non-GS Game News
Hi,
someone left me this comment for one of my apps: 这么简单的游戏应该免费才对

I used google to translate it but now wonder if that is a "known" saying in China?

If you have heard it before, can you please tell me more about it?

Comments

• creativeappscreativeapps Member Posts: 1,770
    "Such a simple game should be free fishes"
  • xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    creativeapps said:
    "Such a simple game should be free fishes"

That is what I got via google translate too but my question is regarding if that has a special meaning?
    The app was ALREADY downloaded for free so the "free fishes" ought to refer to some other meaning that logic would lead us to believe?

Any "native" Chinese speakers should be able to shed some light on this sentence.

这么简单的游戏应该免费才对
  • ScootsScoots Member Posts: 507
    This is Babel Fish translation.

Simple Chinese to English: The such simple game should free be only then right
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    Most Asian languages translate weird through Google. They translate weird in any form, actually. It's probably a regional dialect like Mandarin, or one of the other regions. Kinda like the difference between North and South dialect in America.

Something that should read "Me and the guys having a fun weekend camping" Translated from Chinese comes out something like "Super fun team sleeping outdoors" I have fun with Google Translator sometimes...

Anyway, my point being is that you can get the jist of the message, I wouldn't worry too much about the fish at the end. But now that you brought it out in the light...I MUST know the meaning! :P
    If the app was not free, I'd understand that the message is about the content to value ration (which I don't agree with because music lessons cost about $60 - 120 month and my app is 99 cents).

The good news is that the reviewer gave it four stars which is by all means, generous :)
  • ChobbifaceChobbiface PRO Posts: 491
    Hey xyloFun,

I am Chinese (but born in London). That sentence is in simplified Chinese. It translates as 'such a simple game ought to be free' or more literally as 'it's only right that such a simple game should be free'. Scoots was close :) Did he download it free?

I have no idea how fish got into it lol.. I think the only fishy thing here is google translate.

Chobbipod
    Ahhh,
    that makes sense!

Anyway, now that I think of it, there is a good chance that the person commenting actually bought it a few days before the free special kicked in and therefore stated that it should be free.
    I wish that people would realize that with an instrument, you simply can just use it any way you want and don't depend on the included lessons and songs which are just there to get kids started!
    But since the reviewer gave four stars (which was VERY kind) s/he must have liked something after all!

Thanks for clearing that up! :)