Wow

UnicornifyUnicornify Member Posts: 118
edited November -1 in Non-GS Game News

Comments

• bgappsbgapps Member Posts: 183
    HAHA
  • xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    I am very disappointed that Apple would approve an app called "Girls Farts" (it' one of his other apps).
    That is tasteless beyond words!
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    And the "Girl Farts" support website is gamesalad.com
  • LuckyLurcherLuckyLurcher Member Posts: 343
    These Apps are embarrassing... and damaging to the Gamesalad name. I guess my new game "Former Soviet Bloc Sewage Treatment Plant Simulator" will fit in well with this ;)
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    xyloFUN said:
    I am very disappointed that Apple would approve an app called "Girls Farts" (it' one of his other apps).
    That is tasteless beyond words!

And not true!

They don't, right? Right? Right? ...
  • ScootsScoots Member Posts: 507
    scitunes said:
    And not true!

They don't, right? Right? Right? ...

No it's always the dog. ;-)
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    They are not as bad as other rip off we've seen. at least he's changed some of the art I guess. its still unfortunate GS doesn't do something to combat this kinda stuff.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    tenrdrmer said:
    They are not as bad as other rip off we've seen. at least he's changed some of the art I guess. its still unfortunate GS doesn't do something to combat this kinda stuff.

Like raise the price of express to $99
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    that wont stop the template rip offs most I have seen the user had pro. they need to watermark the art and maybe even spot check some of the stuff running through the publisher for the same files
  • AquariusAquarius Member Posts: 282
    tenrdrmer said:
    that wont stop the template rip offs most I have seen the user had pro. they need to watermark the art and maybe even spot check some of the stuff running through the publisher for the same files

meh ppl use media fire, torrents, nzb's.... it will reduce the generic games tho.. atleast a little bit..

thats the issue with "lack of passion". some ppl just wanna make a quick buck :/
  • dazzlemedazzleme Member Posts: 152
    Aquarius said:

thats the issue with "lack of passion". some ppl just wanna make a quick buck :/

And that's probably about *all* they'll make... a buck. If it's difficult for decent games to take hold and sell well without lots of marketing effort and luck, it's gotta be that much more difficult for the rest of 'em.

Arguments regarding games without a lot of effort in them aside, I imagine many games aren't so much someone trying to get rich without making an effort as they are about someone learning the ropes and being excited about publishing their first app. Granted, nothing is "one shoe fits all". Perhaps some are just trying to make a buck. Some really do not care about quality or ethics. Some really are trying to learn, perhaps make "honest" mistakes along the way, and are excited about getting their first app published.

Food for thought. ;)
    Ok, but the problem is just before a user plays one of these 'games' he sees the Gamesalad logo.
  • AquariusAquarius Member Posts: 282
    dazzleme said:
    And that's probably about *all* they'll make... a buck. If it's difficult for decent games to take hold and sell well without lots of marketing effort and luck, it's gotta be that much more difficult for the rest of 'em.

Arguments regarding games without a lot of effort in them aside, I imagine many games aren't so much someone trying to get rich without making an effort as they are about someone learning the ropes and being excited about publishing their first app. Granted, nothing is "one shoe fits all". Perhaps some are just trying to make a buck. Some really do not care about quality or ethics. Some really are trying to learn, perhaps make "honest" mistakes along the way, and are excited about getting their first app published.

Food for thought. ;)

i just feel worst for the ppl that put alot alot of time and passion in their apps but are being outsold by some p.o.s. ripoff/template type of games that last minutes :/
    I completely understand the points that are being made, and agree with them to one degree or another as well. Sometimes everything that's been said is perfectly fitting. Other times, it could be some 12 year old who's got his or her heart in the right place but isn't quite there yet. They could get torn up in the forums (ripped up inside) and shut themselves down as developers. Or they could get coached, built up, and eventually really turn out some great stuff!

I have no idea who made cannon basket, and my comments aren't specific to that app. Just a high level observation. I guess I'm saying you never really know when it's a schmuck without morals or a young developer needing some mentoring.
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    dazzleme said:
    I completely understand the points that are being made, and agree with them to one degree or another as well. Sometimes everything that's been said is perfectly fitting. Other times, it could be some 12 year old who's got his or her heart in the right place but isn't quite there yet. They could get torn up in the forums (ripped up inside) and shut themselves down as developers. Or they could get coached, built up, and eventually really turn out some great stuff!

I have no idea who made cannon basket, and my comments aren't specific to that app. Just a high level observation. I guess I'm saying you never really know when it's a schmuck without morals or a young developer needing some mentoring.

I like the cut of your jib, sir! :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

I agree with the recent posts above and I certainly do not want to pick Cannon Basket's creator out in particular. But I suppose what it comes down to is the usual argument of having the Gamesalad logo there in the first place. If it was not there, these apps would not harm it's reputation. Like many others I would be happy to pay a fee to have the logo removed. To date I have spent 2300 Euros (over $3000 US) on computer & camera equipment etc. just to get this far & I have not published an app yet. Whenever someone releases Girl's Farts endorsed by the Gamesalad logo it just gets to me!
    @ LuckyLurcher, the frustration is totally understandable.

I can't wait to see your app, it's evident there's some real dedication behind it!

Hmmm, just had a new thought on the GS splash screen. Maybe instead of us trying to get GS to remove their logo for a price, they could be persuaded to make a new brand "GS incubator" (or GS Garden, to go along with the vegetable theme). Free subscriptions are published under the new brand, where budding developers can try their hand at making apps. Paid subscriptions are published with the GameSalad splash screen. If at least part of the "issue" is bad apps deteriorate the brand, it seems like this might help alleviate that.

And since I'm on this "let's look at the flip side" soap box today, let's do the same with the splash screen. If GameSalad was über cool in the publics mind and an app published under their name had tons of cred, I suspect (with some exceptions) people would WANT the splash screen on their app. Maybe this incubator/garden thing could grow some tiny wings and take off. ;)
  • AsymptoteellAsymptoteell Member Posts: 1,362
    Maybe we should make people pay to have the gamesalad logo.
  • BramHoddssdBramHoddssd Member Posts: 414
    I think when we want to publish a game it should go through GS first so they can make sure its not a rip off of another game...