Help with dwarfdump binary error

dazzlemedazzleme Member Posts: 152
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I'm a pro member and have posted a request for help in two threads for help with publishing error: The dwarfdump binary must exist and must be executable: /usr/bin/dwarfdump.

I've also sent a message directly to GS in the "contact us" area. A few members have tried to help (thank you), but there's no response from GameSalad. Am I going about this wrong? I've been searching for the right way to do this, but apparently I'm missing something?

Comments

• JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    did you try deleting xcode and reinstalling xcode making sure you install unix tools and everything else with it?
  • bgappsbgapps Member Posts: 183
    how do you get the xcode with this unix stuff?
  • dazzlemedazzleme Member Posts: 152
    Hi CodeMonkey, thanks for posting.

I will reinstall Xcode with unix tools and report back to the community if that solves the problem, cause I know bgapps is seeing the same issue. I still feel though, that in my instance it wasn't caused by my not having installed correctly. I've been publishing to the app store without issue up until now, and I've confirmed I have the dwarfdump file located in the correct path.
  • Player_EPlayer_E Member, PRO Posts: 604
    I've been notorious for ragging on GS because of their BS first priority tech support. I have sent them email in the past and it takes anywhere from 2-3 days to even hear from someone.

Im shocked you got a reply from a GS member in your thread within 30 min of you creating it.

Sorry to invade your thread, but I think this is another source of proof that the first priority tech support is BS since you yourself stated contacting them wasn't to much avail.
    @dazzleme Where are you downloading the xcode w/ the unix tools?
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Normal download of xcode from the Apple developer site. There is an option of what things you want to install.
    bgapps said:
    @dazzleme Where are you downloading the xcode w/ the unix tools?

bgapps, since I'm not sure how familiar you are with how to navigate on the Apple developer site, I'll give you more info than maybe you need - just mean to be helpful, not insult your intelligence. ;)

Log on to Apple's Developer site here:
    https://daw.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/DSAuthWeb.woa/wa/login?appIdKey=D634F5C410E183A7BD8650B11A7C825F5A871BDB2392FE747A51628F0291F620&path=//membercenter/index.action

In the upper left section, you'll see "Dev Centers", in that area, click on "iOS"

On the iOS Dev Center, the first link under "Resources for iOS 4.2" is "Downloads", click that to get to where you download the latest build of iOS SDK, which is actually the bottom of the page you should now be on.

Look at "Xcode and iOS SDK 4.2", and just to the right of that is "Snow Leopard Downloads". Click on "Xcode 3.2.5 and iOS SDK 4.2" to download it. It's a few gigabytes worth of data to download. When installing, be sure to include the unix tools. If I recall correctly, it should be installed by default, it's when you do a custom installation that you might uncheck it.

I hope that helps!
  • AquariusAquarius Member Posts: 282
    call chuck norris :)
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    do I need to uninstall the xcode i have now? how?
    That's a good question, and I'm *guessing* so. I'm going to delete mine then reinstall, but won't be able to until probably later on tonight.
    yea its says 1 day on mine ;(
    bgapps said:
    yea its says 1 day on mine ;(

Check the downloads folder in your dock to see if you still have the installer from the last time you downloaded it. If so, that'll save you a whole lot of time! I almost deleted it myself after my original install to free up disc space, but am now glad I kept it!
    still have it. yessss!!!! your a life saver.
    bgapps said:
    do I need to uninstall the xcode i have now? how?

Open a finder window and under "devices", select your hard drive. In that, you should see a folder that is called "Developer". I don't know if this is the prescribed way of doing it or not, but I just drug that folder to the trash and emptied it. Just finished emptying, and I'm about to reinstall.
    wow thank you so much. just sent my FIRST app in!!! I wish i could pay you but i spent it all on the dev account and the game :(
    Congratulations bgapps, that's a fantastic feeling to have your first app in!

Seriously, just the satisfaction of being able to help someone else on the forums is payment enough. I've been helped by plenty of others, and I've gotta say, it feels good to know I was finally able to help someone in return. ;)

My app just finished uploading too!

Tagging the topic as "resolved".
    RESOLVED!!!!!!
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    glad you guys got it working.
    ow my first app is sent i feel like eating some pie. any one want to join? :)
    Thanks John, you were the one to really get us headed in the right direction, and you nailed it with your advice. I appreciate the help!