Interpolate Not Working

b2iscoolb2iscool Member Posts: 135
edited November -1 in Tech Support
So i wanted to have a score attribute and whenever a block collides with this actor it takes away like 3 points. So the way i went about is i created a rule for the block so when it overlaps or collides with penalty (actor) then i dragged in an interpolate function and said interpolate (game.score) to (game.score-3) and the duration at 0.2 seconds and the function set to linear. But when i went to see if it worked it just subtracts some random number from my score which is quite annoying is it my fault or a bug?

Comments

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
  • AsymptoteellAsymptoteell Member Posts: 1,362
    make another attribute, call it game.scorefake and make it so each time interpolate is happening, after .2 seconds, change attribute game.scorefake to game.score. Then make it interpolate to game.scorefake-3.

Otherwise, it's constantly recalculating what game.score is and subtracting 3 from that number constantly.

Asymptoteell
  • b2iscoolb2iscool Member Posts: 135
    jonmulcahy said:
    dont interpolate that, just do a change attribute

But its so static looking then its bleh!
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    b2iscool said:
    But its so static looking then its bleh!

Remember to think about your games from a player's perspective. I have never played a game and thought "that score display is so bleh!"

:)

Put that sort of detail in the game elements that really effect the experience.

just my two cents
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    who says it has to be static? you can always interpolate the alpha to 0 and back to 1 inbetween score changes to fade it out and in, or any other interpolate on the color and image and such.

Youll want to use change attribute to change the actual score number though.