0.9.2 Bug - Makes things un-clickable

JamieOneilJamieOneil Member Posts: 877
edited November -1 in Tech Support
iv made an example of what sometimes happens to me, and videoed it. when i click on an actor, the behaviours go away, i cant scroll through the scene and can't click on the actors on go back...video here.

Comments

• SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    Looks like what happens when you have a rule in that actor that's trying to access some scene attributes
    did you copy and paste some rules into it from somewhere else?
  • JamieOneilJamieOneil Member Posts: 877
    Sparkyidr said:
    Looks like what happens when you have a rule in that actor that's trying to access some scene attributes
    did you copy and paste some rules into it from somewhere else?

no, it worked before then randomly stopped working..
  • QuinnZoneStudiosQuinnZoneStudios Member Posts: 452
    This happened to me when I upgraded to 0.9.0. Turns out out I had old legacy code from earlier 0.8 point something and it was no longer happy. The solution was to rebuild the game from scratch. A's soon as I did that it ran so much nicer and the project size came down also. Do you have anything in there from pre 0.9.0?
  • JamieOneilJamieOneil Member Posts: 877
    MikeQuinn said:
    This happened to me when I upgraded to 0.9.0. Turns out out I had old legacy code from earlier 0.8 point something and it was no longer happy. The solution was to rebuild the game from scratch. A's soon as I did that it ran so much nicer and the project size came down also. Do you have anything in there from pre 0.9.0?

no, just made this up today :/
  • dmcdowelldmcdowell Member Posts: 128
    Hi Mike :) I messaged you on Skype and email a while back when we fixed your issue, but I guess you had already begun the rewriting process. Jamie, if you would please send your file to dani @ gamesalad dotcom, I'll have a look at it. You say it sometimes happens to you ... any idea as to what causes it? Sorry you're experiencing this problem.
  • GamersRejoiceGamersRejoice Member Posts: 817
    I too have had this problem before. I've only noticed it though when I copy and paste behaviors from other projects.