I've read the new license agreement and am lost in regards 2 pw 4 appannie.com?

xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
edited November -1 in Non-GS Game News
Hi,
i've read the license agreement and came across the paragraph where Apple demands that none of us (who will need to agree) can give the account username and password out the third party sites!

Unfortunately, if we want to use services such as http://applyzer.com or http://appannie.com we have little choice but to provide that info if we want to see proper tracking.

How do you guys manage this?

Comments

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    I use appannie :)

I also bought AppViz, which is a app that I have download daily reports. It's pretty good.
  • xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    jonmulcahy said:
    I use appannie :)

I also bought AppViz, which is a app that I have download daily reports. It's pretty good.

Hey Jon,
    i also bought an app that downloads reports every morning and displays everything i could possibly wish to see but appannie was my first ever tracking site and i love the pleasant layout so i peak at it a few times a day.
    Now that Apple has a new license, which states that we are not permitted to give out our login data, i'm wondering what others feel about it because doing so is a clear breach of the agreement.

I have no clue if Apple has the means to track and filter logins that do not originate from the same IP but sooner or later that should become obvious.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    I use Applyer and it doesn't use your itunes password. but its just rankings not sales data.

Also use appannie with no problem. I'd say they just have it in there to cover their ass so you cant claim something got hacked because they didn't tell you not to give your password out. idk
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    What is the advantage of giving a 3rd party site your account details? You can track chart positions and features of any app with appanie without giving your details.

Don't apple breakdown your sales into regions when they send you your monthly payments? (I don't have any apps up yet)
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    shaz said:
    What is the advantage of giving a 3rd party site your account details? You can track chart positions and features of any app with appanie without giving your details.

Don't apple breakdown your sales into regions when they send you your monthly payments? (I don't have any apps up yet)

that will jsut give you rankings. WHen you have an actual account where you login with your itunes connect info in appannie, they will give you your total revenue will apples cut already taken out. Its alot easier to balance stuff, at least for me where i like to plan out what bills and such im paying before i recieve my payments.

apple gives you sales numbers per region and such, but theres no way to track the actual income ammount till finacial reports come in unless your taking your sales unties figureing out the tier structure for each unit sold, then subtract 30% from that total number.
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    Ah ok, thanks for that John. The Apple info sounds like enough for me - I wasn't keen on the thought of giving my account details to a 3rd party anyway.

Cheers
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    :(

hope they don't start enforcing this.

I love my daily check of appviz :o)
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    App Annie also give you all comments from around the world for your app, plus alerting you when and where it is features (What's Hot, etc.) on the app stores worldwide.
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    As for that info, I'm not sure Apple can do anything for people who have already given the log-in info before this agreement. Also, how would they find out? Maybe they see hundreds of log ins each day from App Annie's IP I guess.
  • MagoNicolasMagoNicolas Member, PRO Posts: 2,090
    tenrdrmer said: I'd say they just have it in there to cover their ass so you cant claim something got hacked because they didn't tell you not to give your password out. idk

I Think that is the reason, And I think that this was in the agreement a long time ago, not just now.

Cheers.
    The way the agreement is written (and needs to be accepted as such) is that we agree NOT to give our account data to a third party!

That is what we agree to when we accept. Then there is appannie, applyzer and co

I found other posts on other forums who have picked up on that too ...

I actually bought a program which has everything the tracking sites offer but it's just so addicting ... like this morning when I saw my firs star on applyzer.com for the piano app.
    These sites are the poor mans "high" but Apple must have caught on to the fact that their way of providing info has been outdone by a few others ...
  • jamesmunro2jamesmunro2 Member Posts: 130
    I must say that his makes me a little nervous to use Appannie. Apple is not an easy company to deal with if you get on their bad side. I assume applyzer program doesn't count if the information is not shared with the website. I will be thinking about this.
    It smells a little like the Adobe versus Apple scenario last year :(

I can imagine that all these sites who are making a living of providing the into will have to negotiate with mighty apple?

For now, one can change the pw on the apple site which should stop the logins, depending on which site one uses.
  • RiffelRiffel Member Posts: 1,272
    Are you using tracking sites?
    I change my password and appannie send me it:

It's also possible that Apple has a new set of terms for their user agreement. In that case you'll need to login to https://itunesconnect.apple.com/ and accept the agreement before I can fetch your reports again.
  • BramHoddssdBramHoddssd Member Posts: 414
    are there any sites that offer what app nannie does but you dont have to give them your password?
    Riffel said:
    Are you using tracking sites?
    I change my password and appannie send me it

Hi,
    would you mind elaborating on that sentence?
    Are you saying that you logged in at developer.apple.com, changed your pw and appannie sent you a notification?

I'm confused :-/