BOUNCING PROBLEM PLZ HELP

CabacoCabaco Member Posts: 414
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi. I have an actor (a square) that can be dragged around the screen and i set the scene gravity attribute to 100 the thing is that i want that actor to bounce REALISTICALLY like less and less (like in real life) on another actor (floor) when they collide. I tried to use the collide attribute but the square just bounces a lot up and down the same speed and with always the same the maximum highness. Any suggestions? thanks in advance :D

plz help

Comments

• ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    This is now chasers son. I'm 7. Set restitution on floor to .1and then set square restitution to 0
    Then make density big on squre
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,394
    1st off its better to not use scene gravity as that can cause a lot of issues when you dont want things to have gravity. You're better off just using accelerate down on all items you want to fall and set the speed to what feels right.

Now to adjust the bounciness, you need to look at restitution on both actors colliding. 0 is now bounce and 1 doesnt stop bouncing. Restitution can be found in the actors properties on the left hand side, under physics.