spawn actors at random intervals

zombie_farmzombie_farm Member Posts: 33
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Im not sure if this is a bug or if there is a work around.
I just want to spawn an actor every 1 to 7 seconds so that the interval is not consistent.
I made a time-put a random in min 1 max 7
I tried all the options every, for, after with both run to completion on and off.
no luck.. sometimes I can get consistent intervals, like it runs the function once and then sticks with that #

Comments

• zombie_farmzombie_farm Member Posts: 33
    I know that seems like the most simple solution. I even have my spawner display the random number that its generating but my actors still come out in the exact same interval.. whatever the first random generated # was.
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    i really dont know why it wasnt working how tshirt said, it always works fine for me but like you said it wasnt working in your project.

I came up with a work around though so it works, let me know how this is

http://www.mediafire.com/?5naglgw7xdqh7vh
  • zombie_farmzombie_farm Member Posts: 33
    Thats closer.. at least they are sporadic.. I get double actors some time now.. but better.
    Thanks
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    zombie_farm said:
    Thats closer.. at least they are sporadic.. I get double actors some time now.. but better.
    Thanks

well the random function isnt entirely random, it will choose the same number twice in a row sometimes like 1 ,3,2,2,3,1,3,3,1,1 . thats why your getting that. it At least it works now though