Camera tracking dosnt work

deheciledehecile Member Posts: 126
edited November -1 in Tech Support
hey guys, a just wanted to bring to attention a small bug i found. it has to do with the traking of an object, more or less, what im finding is then when trying to track and object, after a while it just stops, like after moving the objest around, or deleting it and putting it back on the screen, it just stops tracking it, for anyone else having this problem i would try changing the tracking field size then changing it back, sometimes this workes. tell me if your having the problems to. thanks

Comments

• deheciledehecile Member Posts: 126
    anyone know how to fix it or something like that?
    the camera tracking just stops tracking an actor after one test run of the game
    sorry to keep reposting but im not getting any answers to my question. I have a control camera atribute on one of my actors and it controls the camera for like 5 minutes, then out of the blue it stops controlling it. what do i do????!??!!
  • AsymptoteellAsymptoteell Member Posts: 1,362
    Seriously, no more posts. You've posted the same thing I think 4 times within about an hour. IF you need help that much, just bump your first thread. But first wait a while (at least until it's near the second page.)
  • LOLgamesLOLgames Member Posts: 3
    Can you post a video? if you don't know how, go to quick time, and screen record. then upload to youtube. this way we can see the problem. other than that I don't know. and if you don't get an answer, you deserve to ask again.
    DL
    sorry asymptoteell but its frustrating when i keep running into problem after problem and i post something and try to explain in the best way i can every time and i see my question go unanswered for an hour while watching ever other question get answered within minutes.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    im going to merge these topics.

dehecile, sometimes it takes days to get your questions answered. typical forum etiquette is that you don't bump your thread until it reaches the bottom of the page, don't start a new thread on the same topic, and be as descriptive as possible, include sample rules, youtube videos, anything that can help describe what your seeing.

a video is worth more than anything you can type when trying to demonstrate a problem
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    ok, after merging these threads, i think you should read this sticky about proper posting:

http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=15966

1/2 the reason you were not getting responses was due to your thread titles. 2 of them had no reference to what was inside.
  • OkyshoOkysho Member Posts: 158
    I'm having a camera tracking issue myself. As if the camera and the camera control behaviours don't exist. The Camera just doesn't move, no matter what I do. Since this is clearly an important aspect of the game I can't continue to work on it until it's resolved.

These weird problems always seem to happen after updating...
  • EminemEminem Member Posts: 667
    check your HUDS

they might be messed up

also dont forget to fix your camera tracking area
  • OkyshoOkysho Member Posts: 158
    for me it was an upgrade thing, but I think I found a fix for it. Try it and see if it works.

Basically, just make a new scene to replace the one that isn't working.

If that doesn't work, I have no idea. This was an upgrade problem for me