0.9.1 bug - Preview screen top bar won't go away

ColorplayGamesColorplayGames PRO Posts: 69
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Just updated this morning and running into a frustrating bug.
Once I preview my game, the top bar of the preview page won't go away (the bar that from left to right has the '100%' drop-down, refresh, play/pause, and screenshot buttons). When I go back to editing actors, viewing my scenes or anything else the bar remains. The issue with this is that it covers up important other buttons (such as the "Create Rules" button) so I can't use them until I restart the project. This significantly slows down my development time.

Please fix!
Thanks,
Jenna

Comments

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    What sort of system are you working on?

CPU/ram/os version/screen resolution
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    there is a nasty bug with the grey preview button...has to be avoided
  • @jon, here's my system info:

Processor 2.93 GHz Intel Core 2 Due
    Memory: 4 GB
    Screen Res: 1440 x 900
  • krousty_batkrousty_bat Member Posts: 48
    Didn't thought about posting here, sorry...
    so Reposting

Hi

SInce 9.1, ,I have a Graphical Problem:

( Imac - Mac OSX 10.6.6, 2.66 Core duo 2, ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro - 4gigs Ram - res: 1680 x 1050)

When I press preview to check a game (so, quiet often :), my Preview bat appear (Toggle visibility of scene list - Scene Size (50%-100% ) - Actor mode - camera mode - Reset scene - play - show original state) BUT IT STAY ON TOP of everything on any other screen... so for instance, i'm not able to go anymore to the GAME/SCENE options when i'm on one of my scene.

I would add that i'm in a Ipad Landscape Project...

Anyone else having the problem ?
    How can I access those options now, can I press another button somewhere else in a menu or AM I Stuck ?

THX
    I confirm that I have some other (same ?) graphical issues from the Grey preview "pause" button close to Reset scene if pressed !!!

thx
  • TouchTiltGamesTouchTiltGames Member Posts: 1,162
    Yeah I've got the same issue.

Another issue is I can't change scenes.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
  • ValanValan Member, BASIC Posts: 410
    I am having this bug on:

Macbook (aluminum)
    OS 10.6.6
    2.4 GHz
    4GB

Cheers
  • ValanValan Member, BASIC Posts: 410
    @ jonmulcahy
    Did you mean

DO NOT click the Pause button on the grey bar when in Preview mode. Camera works. ONLY click the 'back' button to exit Preview mode.

This seems to work. Press Pause and your screwed.

Cheers
    After one more day of test and work, It seems everything is linked for me to the Pause button.
    If i don't press it, I actually never have the "bar" problem.

to be more precise, it's having the pause button pressed AND pressing the "Get back" one, that cause the bar to stay and not refresh. From then, only solution is to quit and restart. (SO i don't press the pause button anymore now before leaving a scene :).

Thx
  • TouchTiltGamesTouchTiltGames Member Posts: 1,162
    krousty_bat said:
    After one more day of test and work, It seems everything is linked for me to the Pause button.
    If i don't press it, I actually never have the "bar" problem.

to be more precise, it's having the pause button pressed AND pressing the "Get back" one, that cause the bar to stay and not refresh. From then, only solution is to quit and restart. (SO i don't press the pause button anymore now before leaving a scene :).

Thx

Ahh good to know, thanks!
  • Thanks krousty_bat - this will save me a lot of restarting!
  • TwistedMechTwistedMech Member Posts: 408
    this bug is really not good. I am hoping GS team will post a new GS version this week.
  • CapCap Member Posts: 225
    New business model for Wayne & Darren: providing tools to fix the new bugs coming with every new GS release... ;-)