Problem: Can't run the mac app store app that I've just created

izamizam Member, PRO Posts: 503
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Firstly I'd like to thank the GS team. Great update!
The first thing I cared to try out is the mac publishing.

I followed tshirt's guide in the video (shown in yoda's posting) added the test user in itunesconnect as well. I've also verified the email account for that test user account.

I ran the app file, a dialog box pops up asking for my test user id. I entered the information, and then.....nothing!

Ran the activity monitor and seen there's a spike in CPU activity but the app doesn't show.

Anybody facing similar problems?

P.S. I tried publishing another app, also the same issues.

Help!

Comments

• izamizam Member, PRO Posts: 503
    Hi Tshirt!
    Yes I hit ENTER button.

I don't understand the second part...
    You mean I need to open up the itunes mac appstore on my desktop and then sign in with the test user account?
    Yup I bought it already. Ok I'll go back there and check for that app id
    Ok I went back in to the dev center and yes I did create the app id before publishing.
    The thing is, what do I do after creating that app id? I only see a check box next to it. I can't download anything off it.

I did download and installed the mac app and mac installer certificates, both before publishing using gamesalad.
    I tried to publish again, still nothing happens.

A few more details:

I left the project size as iPad size. I didn't change it to macbook or 720p.
    An update to this.

I publish this as a standalone mac app and not for the mac app store. The standalone app can work. But the mac app store app still can't.
    Where did I go wrong?
  • mynameisacemynameisace Hull, UKMember Posts: 2,484
    The major feature update doesn't work? Lol. At least pause works a treat.

Ace
    Update:
    I tried to run the mpkg file that was received and that too can't work. It just runs the installation process and then....nothing. I searched for the game file in my mac using spotlight and it just points to the test app; the one where I still can't get to run even after keying in my test user ID.

I hope this will be a quick fix.
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    izam said:
    Update:
    I tried to run the mpkg file that was received and that too can't work. It just runs the installation process and then....nothing. I searched for the game file in my mac using spotlight and it just points to the test app; the one where I still can't get to run even after keying in my test user ID.

I hope this will be a quick fix.

The guys were in the office late last night getting .91 ready. They're sleeping right about now I imagine, so probably won't respond for a few hours.

Tshirt's sent them a mail. And if his previous version worked ok, I'm sure it'll be a pretty easy fix.

I hope so, anyway!

QS :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Please make sure you have your App in iTunes Connect under 'Manage Your Applications' added as a New App using the correct Bundle ID.

Then send your project through our servers for packaging and signing.
    Thanks Codemonkey! I confirm Tshirt's confirmation as well. Tried it and now it works. Tshirt, you might want to update your video tutorial to add this bit as well. Just a suggestion.