9.1 messed up all my sounds...SIGH......

QbAnYtOQbAnYtO Member Posts: 523
edited November -1 in Tech Support
getting tired of this..... sounds arent playing correctly (wrong timing etc)

Comments

• QbAnYtOQbAnYtO Member Posts: 523
    damn and the sounds are playing in the wrong scenes. great. regret upgrading :( delaying my launch. how gay
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    If the timings off most likely gamesalad is running so much faster that its skipping over things that usueally take longer to do. That happened with the last update as well. Just switch it up and youll be good. We can stop with the ungrateful posts now! If you have a legitement bug thats one thing, but dont start saying your getting tired of this and all that stuff
    well gs if full of legitament bugs. don't cry cause its the truth. yes its a GREAT software but still has tons of issues.

what u mean by switch it up? delete them and reloading them?
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    what do you mean wrong timing?

and please make sure you post in the right forum, this is the 5th thread I've had to move in the past 20 minutes.
    no ones telling u to move my thread lol

this IS the "working with gamesalad" section isn't it?
    by wrong timing i mean sounds and music are playing at wrong times and wrong scenes. death music is playing in the beginnning and gunshots sounds are looping like crazy lol its MADNESS!
    QbAnYtO said:
    well gs if full of legitament bugs. don't cry cause its the truth. yes its a GREAT software but still has tons of issues.

what u mean by switch it up? delete them and reloading them?

Im not the one making 15 threads complaining, so im not the one crying ;) But what i mean is if the timings off with the timers your using, switch them to trigger them sooner
    QbAnYtO said:
    by wrong timing i mean sounds and music are playing at wrong times and wrong scenes. death music is playing in the beginnning and gunshots sounds are looping like crazy lol its MADNESS!

were all your sounds saved in .ogg mono?
    no crying here, just annoyed that these BUGS are delaying my launch..

anyways..

by timing i mean they are playing in wrong scenes, i think i have to start from scratch is things keep getting worst :)
    QbAnYtO said:
    no ones telling u to move my thread lol

this IS the "working with gamesalad" section isn't it?

you're reporting a bug, it belongs in tech support.
    JohnPapiomitis said:
    were all your sounds saved in .ogg mono?

yes all mono :)

they were playing just fine actually thats the crazy thing. update and SPLAT! lol
    QbAnYtO said:
    no crying here, just annoyed that these BUGS are delaying my launch..

anyways..

by timing i mean they are playing in wrong scenes, i think i have to start from scratch is things keep getting worst :)

can you post some example code on how you are triggering sounds? I've opened both a .90 and a .8.x game that was playing sounds on a timer and everything works as expected, and only plays when it should.
    QbAnYtO said:
    yes all mono :)

they were playing just fine actually thats the crazy thing. update and SPLAT! lol

try deleting them all and reimporting them. Dont even delete the sound rules first, just try doing that.
    ok gimme a second....
    delete and reimported my sounds.. still having issues.. lemme try deleting and reimporting the attributes...
    QbAnYtO said:
    delete and reimported my sounds.. still having issues.. lemme try deleting and reimporting the attributes...

what do you mean attributes? You have attributes triggering the sounds?
    nope.. still having issues...
    If you want you can send me the project and ill see if it works on my end. Its up to you
    first i had actors playing sounds when they spawn.... then i did the attribute (when hero_dead=yes play sound)
    it DOES play the song after he dies, but when i click retry the son usually stops and plays the level's song, but now its just restarting the death song....
    JohnPapiomitis said:
    If you want you can send me the project and ill see if it works on my end. Its up to you

and reveal my master plan to take over gamesalad? are CUH-RAZY?!

where would i send it to?
    when you click retry are you changing hero dead back to false?
    JohnPapiomitis said:
    when you click retry are you changing hero dead back to false?

yes sir!

i have encountered another problem, i have items laying around. when hero collides with them it plays a gun cock sound. when the guncock sound plays the music STOPS lmao WOWSERS!
    Take a picture of all you rules and such, it could be something on your end
    why dont i just send u the file? its a REALLY long list prolly about 10 screenshots
    QbAnYtO said:
    why dont i just send u the file? its a REALLY long list prolly about 10 screenshots

Yeah thats fine.
    papiomitis at yahoo dot com
  • mintmomegmintmomeg Member, PRO Posts: 261
    I got same problem.. now if you click on audio file in project no sound at all