GameSalad 0.9.1 - Mac App Store and Pause

YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
edited November -1 in News from the Dev Team
GameSalad 0.9.1 is here!

We’ve got some big new features and more than a few big fixes. Take a moment, and let’s walk through some the goodies you’ll find in GameSalad Creator 0.9.1 Beta.

Mac App Store Publishing
Of course, at the top of our new features list is the new Mac App Store publishing target. Mac desktops/laptops have always been a target platform for GameSalad, but now you’ll be able to publish your Mac games to the official Mac App Store.

A lot of under-the-hood work for our dev team means a couple of checkboxes for you. Our Mac App Store publishing system is quick, intuitive, and ready for your games.

For a closer look at the new publishing system, check out this awesome tutorial from Tshirtbooth:

For those who aren’t aware, publishing to the Mac App Store will require new certificates and another Apple developer account. For a walkthrough of these processes, check out this video:

Pause
The wait is over! With GameSalad 0.9.1 we’ve introduced a new behavior… actually, TWO new behaviors. By assigning the Pause behavior to an actor, you will be able to put your scene into a freeze state – everything will freeze and a new scene will appear above. This will be your “pause scene”. Within the “pause scene”, you can apply the Unpause behavior to remove your “pause scene” and return to the action.

For a more thorough walkthrough of our latest behavior, here’s Tshirtbooth with an incredible tutorial:

Making GameSalad Better
On top of these new features, we’ve also greatly improved our Undo functionality. Undo now applies to target platforms, orientations, tagging, layers, and even unlocking instances!

We’ve updated the security of our web games collection by altering the way game files are stored and called to on our website.

On top of all that, there has been a slew of big fixes and performance improvements from the previous version. For a detailed blow-by-blow of our fixes, check out the release notes on our What’s New page.

Thanks, everyone, for your patience and we hope you have a blast with GameSalad 0.9.1!

What to do now:

Download GameSalad Creator 0.9.1 Beta

Download GameSalad iOS Viewer 0.9.1 Beta

Read GameSalad 0.9.1 Release Notes

Comments

• calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    great thanks yoda
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    awesome yoda!
  • ScootsScoots Member Posts: 507
    Wow, thanks GS team
  • BramHoddssdBramHoddssd Member Posts: 414
    AWESOME! :D
  • cbtcbt Member Posts: 644
    # Fixed an issue preventing custom load screens from being shown for legacy Pro Members

What does that mean? :)
  • osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    Thanks to everyone at GameSalad for making this update happen! Can't wait to see what all it can do.

- Alex
  • GamersRejoiceGamersRejoice Member Posts: 817
    YESSSS!
  • iDeveloperiDeveloper Member Posts: 441
    YAY. Thanks for this.

Also, I notice that it is a lot faster than 0.9.0.
  • ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
    Sweet!
  • hdeandahdeanda Member, PRO Posts: 55
    Yes!
  • mulyincmulyinc Member, PRO Posts: 102
    This is awesome! Many thanks and I know how hard it could be to add this kind of features!
  • anithmukanithmuk Member Posts: 235
    Cool, thanks!
  • PIXOMUSEPIXOMUSE Member Posts: 101
    Still nothing happening on the splash screen front ?
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    Pause looks lovely from that video
  • VoidedSkyVoidedSky Member Posts: 1,095
    Really. What does this mean? What custom load screens?

# Fixed an issue preventing custom load screens from being shown for legacy Pro Members
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    If you are a legacy Pro member, those who paid the $2k way back when, you get custom load screens for Mac App Store and it works again for the iOS devices.
    cbt said:
    Really. What does this mean? What custom load screens?

@CodeMonkey

Thanks. I was excited for a minute there..

:D
  • WeswogWeswog Member Posts: 1,171
    Thanks guys you're the best :)

Cheers, Weswog
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    This is awesome to wake up to! :)
  • BarkBarkCoBarkBarkCo Member Posts: 1,400
    I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering this, but are legacy pro accounts renewable at $2k?
  • orien2v2orien2v2 Member, PRO Posts: 55
    Hey I found a problem when using the Pause behavior...it actually isn't a pause but a scene change. Firstly there's the loading icon when you try it on your device, and second is my scene attributes seems to have been reset by the pause.
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Also added:
    Ability to select the Minimum OS version when publishing an iPhone App. (Advanced Options section of publishing)
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    edit

posted more rant before seeing this http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=17315#post-131815

...thanks for the explanations
  • gilallgilall Member Posts: 13
    I also want to know
    Is there any way that us normal users could buy a legacy pro account so we can have custom loading screens
    Or are all of us new users locked out of this? If so that sucks.
    Also are we gonna see some integration for normal IOS capabilities soon, now this update is done? (keyboard/textfield, gamecenter, Videos etc...)
  • MagoNicolasMagoNicolas Member, PRO Posts: 2,090
    I really need gamecenter and in app for my apps strayegys!
  • RacetotheMoonRacetotheMoon Member Posts: 323
    I'd vote for In App Purchases first and foremost, but Game Center would be a very welcome addition too. All in all, it's just nice to see progress.

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to what's coming next.
  • bgappsbgapps Member Posts: 183
    Thanks for the update,
    but the application is freezing about every 30 seconds...
    Is any one experiencing this problem?
    I think I hit Comand-Q about 50 times
    thanks
  • JBULLFROGJBULLFROG Member Posts: 58
    CodeMonkey said:
    Also added:
    Ability to select the Minimum OS version when publishing an iPhone App. (Advanced Options section of publishing)

Will this cause issues if your submitting an update to an app? Such as those who already have the old version, but now can't get the update or the update causes the app to not run. Seems like the same issues could occur that I've read about when switching from arm6 to 7.
  • cbowers428cbowers428 Member Posts: 176
    In Tshirtbooth's video why did the timer stop when he unpaused the game?
This discussion has been closed.