Collide error

urban123urban123 Member Posts: 11
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I have got 5 blocks and i need to stack them on each other.
If the last block collides with the highest block of the tower i want to go to the next level.
But when i let the latest block fall on the highest block of the tower notting happens. gamesalad is stuk then.
gamesalad hang on.
cheers

Comments

• urban123urban123 Member Posts: 11
    tshirtbooth said:
    Hi there, I told you what to do in your last thread about this.
    But if you want to do it this way do the same thing i told you

when block collides with this block
    timer after 5 seconds (Make sure run to completion is NOT checked)
    round complete

_________________________________________________________________________________

FREE YOUTUBE VIDEOS HERE
    Menu System #2 Template HERE
    Cover Flow and level unlock Template HERE
    Missile Command Template HERE
    Tiki Totem style template HERE
    Labyrinth TemplateHERE

I already tried it with a line and if the block collides with that line it must go to the next scene.
    Timer after 5 seconds Run to completion NOT checked.
    But the scene crash it stopped working. it's stuck. i can't do anything more than.
    When i follow my option. the block collides with another block -> timer after 5 second run to completion NOT checked-> change scene
    It doesn't work. the scene is stuck after 5 seconds.
    What do i have to do?
    Cheers
  • simo103simo103 Member, PRO Posts: 1,331
    I would create an attribute called ChangeScene and another actor called manager and in it put display text and have it display the attribute. And place the change attribute in the rules where things happen and the actor in the scene.

that way you can determine if your rules are working (and not a GS glitch). If it does change teh attribute then start adjusting things until it does (and also change the display text to various attributes you might have to ensure they are working as planned). Best way to debug IMO.
  • urban123urban123 Member Posts: 11
    simo103 said:
    I would create an attribute called ChangeScene and another actor called manager and in it put display text and have it display the attribute. And place the change attribute in the rules where things happen and the actor in the scene.

that way you can determine if your rules are working (and not a GS glitch). If it does change teh attribute then start adjusting things until it does (and also change the display text to various attributes you might have to ensure they are working as planned). Best way to debug IMO.

I have tried many ways. if the block collides with another block--> destroy this actor
    this work
    but if i choose change scene/reset notting happens. the scene is stuck when it collides
    the block are really hard shaking when they collide. i think it's crashed then.
    display text works
    but change scene doesn't
    cheers
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    tshirtbooth said:
    Hi there, I told you what to do in your last thread about this.
    But if you want to do it this way do the same thing i told you

when block collides with this block
    timer after 5 seconds (Make sure run to completion is NOT checked)
    round complete

_________________________________________________________________________________

FREE YOUTUBE VIDEOS HERE
    Menu System #2 Template HERE
    Cover Flow and level unlock Template HERE
    Missile Command Template HERE
    Tiki Totem style template HERE
    Labyrinth TemplateHERE

Hey tshirtbooth. Can you elaborate as to why you should leave the run to completion unchecked. I'm curious because my game has a 5 second timer to end the round when an object is colliding with another. Is it because if it is unchecked it will reset the timer if the 2 objects are no longer colliding, and leaving it checked will end the round as long as the 2 objects touched each other at some point?