Testing with Viewer on iPad

ColorplayGamesColorplayGames PRO Posts: 69
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hello!
I'm having some difficulties testing my game with the GS Viewer on my iPad. I'm working on an iPhone-size game ("iPhone Landscape" for Target Platform and Orientation) and I would like to be able to test it on my iPad. What I would expect to happen when I use the GS Viewer is that the game is handled in the same way as any other iPhone app that I download for my iPad. In other words, the app shows up small in the middle of the screen and I have the '2x' button to make it larger if I wish. However, something entirely different is happening. The game shows up full-screen on my iPad but the controls are all wonky - they only take input from the lower-left 480 x 320 pixels. In other words, if I have a button in the upper-right hand corner of my game, in order to click it on the iPad I would have to click at a position of roughly 450 x 300. This position is about in the middle of my iPad, not the upper-right hand corner. This makes testing the game pretty much impossible.

Is it not possible to test iPhone games on my iPad using the GS Viewer or is there some way around this issue?

Thanks for your help,
Jenna

Comments

• StusAppsStusApps Member, PRO Posts: 1,352
    you'll need to make an adhoc build and install through itunes.
  • madmasseymadmassey Member Posts: 55
    Yeah, I had the same problem so now I just text exclusively with an adhoc build. It's really simple once you get it set up... you just generate a .app file, open up xcode and just drag it into all your test devices.