I don't get it! Anyone here with an iPad and 1 minute of free time???

xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
Can you please go to:
App Store > Categories > Music
and tell me if my flute is the fifth icon?

I've released a few days ago and am surprised to see it there!

Can someone confirm this please?

Is apple approving so little these days?

Comments

• joshcaljoshcal Member Posts: 100
    yup, im on the uk ipad app store now, and yes - your app is 5th :) congrats!
    - josh :)
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    wooohooooo!
  • ScootsScoots Member Posts: 507
    It's a beautiful app Xylo, kids are actually learning to play!. Great Job on it

Photobucket
  • xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    Thanks guys!
    I was convinced that I need to reboot my iPad or something ...

As far as the app goes, I am glad that I took my time. It's my best instrument so far and I am very happy with it :)

If I can, I will do an update with lightly longer sounds and backing patterns but otherwise, it should prove to be very useful for children :)

My poor little brother would have given anything if the ipad was around in the late 60's. He had to squeeze the accordion on the kitchen table because I wanted to rather play organ!
    xyloFUN said:

My poor little brother would have given anything if the ipad was around in the late 60's. He had to squeeze the accordion on the kitchen table because I wanted to rather play organ!

lol, somehow the old great WHO song "Momma's got a squeeze box" just wouldn't sound right mommas got a squeeze pad?
    lol, you are right :)

Actually, this is a great coincidence because tomorrow, at 2:00 pm I am meeting a friend and if I can show him a little success with the flute I will have an easy time demonstrating the instruments!

appannie.com just piked it up as well although it only released last night.
    I am happy that it does well in Austria :)
    @Scoots,
    since you had a chance to take the app for a spin, could you PLEASE give me your opinion on pricing?
    I just lowered it from 3.99 to 1.99 because I did not expect it to be placed there and the idea is "selling" so i panicked.

What would you suggest for a pricing scheme?

The final pricing will be the sum of everyone i've asked or gives me a good suggestion :)

Also, thanks for taking the screen shot :)
    Hi XyloFun, I think 1.99 is a good place to be. Is it worth more?, probably but I think building your brand would be better served at a lower price for now. if and when we get In App Purchasing you can sell additional lessons and songs through your apps that will be big for you.

Best of luck !
    Hey Scoots,
    I was hoping you would reply (and you did) :)

I went ahead and lowered it to 1.99 and now, I am VERY excited about the "in app" purchasing feature because prior to you mentioning it, I saw no value for me but if I could move additional content, then wow, it would be perfect.
    In a few hours, I get a "freebie" from an old friend who specializes in marketing (but not software) so I will pitch something to him and see if he is willing to help me to implement it ... or not.

I looked this morning and it's still on page one but probably not for long ... you know how things go :)