PROBLEM GETTING GAMES PUBLISHED

cmasterenkocmasterenko Member Posts: 52
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I'm having issues with publishing my app for iphone to get it submitted to the app store. Here's what I've done, I created a distribution provisioning profile with the appropriate bundle identifier through apple's development center. I installed this and the xcode window popped up and there were no errors that I saw. Then I went to gamesalad, hit publish for iphone, loaded the icon and picked the appropriate codesign to match what I did on apple. Everything seems to go fine, but then I get this error message "Code Signing Error Code signing failed. Make sure your provisioning profile, developer certificate, and WWDR certificate are installed." It then gives me the option of going back or canceling. It will also show up under manage, but without the option of downloading the iphone version. I have also tried uploading via the web and it worked, but then I got a similar error message from apple about my .zip file. I have also tried publishing this as development instead of distribution with no errors at all. I have also tried creating new provisioning profiles, deleting these, redoing them, etc. to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ADD I have tried this on two different games now with the same result, but I did publish a game last week before 6.2 with no issues.

HELP

Comments

• cmasterenkocmasterenko Member Posts: 52
    17 hours still no support WHERE IS TECH SUPPORT? No change to my issue. Yet some appear to get support in less then an hour numerous times. I think game salad may need a support que!!
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    "WHERE IS TECH SUPPORT?"

You are Tom Cruise and I claim my five pounds! :)

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• superNESsuperNES Member Posts: 166
    cmasterenko, if you are having this error on submission, this points to a problem with your certificates, provisioning profiles, or App ID. Have you followed the steps in the wiki?
    http://gamesalad.com/wiki/developing_for_iphone

If you have, my next suggestion would be to delete your certificates from keychain access, uninstall your provisioning profiles, and start again from scratch with newly made certificates, app ids, and profiles. Sorry if this is not very specific, but it seems the conflict exists outside of the GameSalad environment so it's hard to tell what's going on.
  • SprucieSprucie Member Posts: 12
    ...my next suggestion would be to delete your certificates from keychain access, uninstall your provisioning profiles, and start again from scratch with newly made certificates, app ids, and profiles.

Can you elaborate on how to uninstall a provisioning profile? Thanks!
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    open xcode go into oraginzer and you can view and delete your prov profiles in there
  • SprucieSprucie Member Posts: 12
    Wow, that was a fast reply! Thanks! I have another question about that, though - I'm trying to publish through GameSalad, and I haven't really had to touch Xcode before now. After reading through a lot of forum posts on this issue, it sounds like it's possible to publish through both GameSalad and Xcode. Is that true? And if so, does your instruction about going into Xcode to uninstall it still apply?

Much obliged!
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    no its not possible to install threw xcode and gamesalad. When you publsih gamesalad gives u back a .app file that cant be tampered with. Thats what u submit to apple after zipping it

all the xcode stuff you here peopel reffereing to is for the prov profiles and the viewer. The viewer is an app that u install threw xcode that lets u test your projcts on the device