What to do when app behaves differently from the editor

Fodder76Fodder76 Member Posts: 154
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi there,

So the game I'm working on, currently works just fine when I run it in the GameSalad editor. However, when I copy it over to my iTouch and run it in the GameSalad viewer, I get a crash.

This wouldn't be a problem if there was anyway for me to tell what is causing the problem, so I'm hoping there is someway to do that. Some kind of debug log?

Please let me know. Thanks very much.

Comments

• calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    TRY TO REINSTALL GS VIEWER
  • StusAppsStusApps Member, PRO Posts: 1,352
    most likely you either have a broken rule or you're using too much RAM for your device.

How large are your image files and how many?
  • Fodder76Fodder76 Member Posts: 154
    Err thanks guys. I'm a little embarrassed. Apparently I changed one last thing that went untested in the editor, before pushing it over to my iTouch.

The error was fixed, and all is good now. But for future reference, this should only happen if it runs out of memory, is that right StusApps?

If there is a broken rule, wouldn't that show up when running in the editor? I'm wondering if there has ever been an instance of that NOT being the case.

Thank you both for your help.
  • StusAppsStusApps Member, PRO Posts: 1,352
    Fodder76 said:

If there is a broken rule, wouldn't that show up when running in the editor? I'm wondering if there has ever been an instance of that NOT being the case.

I've seen it before where a broken rule only caused a crash on the device. Nothing too specific or different from broken rules that have crashed the editor before, anonymous buggy things I guess. Test on as many devices as you can before publishing.
  • Fodder76Fodder76 Member Posts: 154
    Thanks very much for your help. The game you are working on looks great by the way!