How to check when an Interpolating actor stops moving?

MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Member Posts: 1,447
edited November -1 in Tech Support
As the title says I need to check when an actor that use interpolate stops moving.

I can't use a rule that check when self.Motion Linear is 0 because interpolating actor (I don't know why) have always set it to 0 so it doesn't work.

Comments

• gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    Hi Mark, i guess one way would be to use a boolean attribute. Set it to false before the interpolation happens, and then with a timer, after the same amount of seconds that the Interpolate Behaviour runs, set it to true. Then you can use the attribute as you want, knowing the actor has stopped moving: When attribute IntStop is true, then...

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    Just check the location. You have to interpolate to a certain location. just check when it gets there.
  • MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Member Posts: 1,447
    @gyroscope: Thanks! While waiting for an answer I came up with the same idea and it's working really well (and 100% of the time).

@scitunes: That was the first thing I tried when I encountered the problem, I don't know why but it doesn't work.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    MarkOnTheIron said:
    @gyroscope: Thanks! While waiting for an answer I came up with the same idea and it's working really well (and 100% of the time).

@scitunes: That was the first thing I tried when I encountered the problem, I don't know why but it doesn't work.

I always try to avoid timers when possible. I think the problem is that it may only exactly equal the x or y coordinant for an instant and it's not long enough. So you could try this if the timer starts causing a framrate issue:

Lets say you are interpolating to an x of 0 and you are starting at 240. You could check when X ≤ 1

But if the viewer is giving you good a FPS read out then stick with the timer.
  • MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Member Posts: 1,447
    scitunes said:
    I always try to avoid timers when possible. I think the problem is that it may only exactly equal the x or y coordinant for an instant and it's not long enough. So you could try this if the timer starts causing a framrate issue:

Lets say you are interpolating to an x of 0 and you are starting at 240. You could check when X ≤ 1

I also thought that the problem was that when you interpolate it doesn't go to the exact position but maybe a couple of pixels off. So to check if the actor was in position I used a rule that check if the actor was within 10 pixels in any direction from the landing spot but it didn't work. I think it is a bug, maybe the same that affect the move to behavior.

However since fps are staying between 55 and 60 I will stick with timers.