Is it legal to copy someone flash game

rinorino Member Posts: 17
Hi there, I haven't start any major projects yet but was playing some flash games online. I was wondering if it was legal to build an iphone app game with a similar layout and structure of the flash game that I was playing online? The game was very fun but I searched on the app store and didn't find anything similar.

Thanks.

Comments

• quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    rino said:
    Hi there, I haven't start any major projects yet but was playing some flash games online. I was wondering if it was legal to build an iphone app game with a similar layout and structure of the flash game that I was playing online? The game was very fun but I searched on the app store and didn't find anything similar.

Thanks.

A big fat NO from the sheepy judge.

Be inspired by a game, sure. But please don't copy levels, art, sound, music, titles etc etc.

Down that path lies the dark side. "Stronger?" I hear you ask. No. Quicker. Easier. More seductive it is.

Etc etc.

QS :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    rino said:

Thanks.

How wold you feel if some Flash developer copied your iPhone game (as close as you plan on copying his/hers) ? That should answer your question ... sort of.
  • YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
    @QuantumTshirtFUN

Well said! Be inspired by others, do NOT copy.

-- Yodapollo
  • rinorino Member Posts: 17
    Thank you for all your helpful comments guys =)

Appreciate it!