0.6.2 patch now live

superNESsuperNES Member Posts: 166
edited November -1 in News from the Dev Team
There was an issue with the bundle identifier setting in 0.6.1 that is now fixed. We've also fixed a few server-side hiccups and are working on the issue affecting Pro members. Thanks for your patience!

Comments

• ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
    nice, but is the viewer updated too, or does it need to be?
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    viewer should still be okay at 0.6.1
  • ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
    happy birthday!
  • adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,067
    Pro issue has been fixed. I won't bore you with the details, but it was another bone-head oversight by your's truly. I think I'll blame the turkey leftovers this time.

And Happy Birthday tshirtbooth!
  • JamesBoucherJamesBoucher Member Posts: 433
    Great.... Still does not work for me. I updated to 6.2 and after the upload I get the error "Could not publish game project". I purchased this five days ago and have not had a complete package build that works on my iPod touch. Once again any help from someone at GameSalad to explain why I can not get this to work would be great.
  • alexxxhpalexxxhp Member Posts: 161
    me too same error could not publish
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    minor bug:

in display text behavior right justify seems to leave the text centered instead all the way to the right.
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Is there more to the error message besides Could not publish game project? To help find out what the issue is, we need as much information as possible.
    yes it says
    Could not publish game project

set/a9912ba-6d3d-48f5-b584-1a9fff023f57.zip

thats all it says
    after it completes uploading that message comes up but when you go to gamesalad.com the project shows up there and it works
  • JaxterJaxter Member, PRO Posts: 398
    After update 0.6.2 .. project is uploading on your server but not downloading back.. just stuck!! (yesterday was nightmare connection with server all the time were crashing ..in 99% )
    Uploading on server is taking just 5 sec, but Receiving iPhone App i am waiting right now about 30min and no blue progress line in loading bar..
    restarted GS, restarted iMac, checked - i am pro, but sill all is stopping on "Receiving iPhone App" step.. who has the same error?
    ?
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    There's a bunch of posts on the forum, it's a known issue. they are working on it.
  • PPenguinPPenguin Member, PRO Posts: 110
    I'm running into a couple of issues..

First, the Pro features are still not coming up in my GS Creator (URL behavior and default image), even though I do have a Pro account.

Secondly, I tried publishing from the GS webpage, and now it seems it gives you an .app file instead of the xcode project...
    I actually need the xcode project, so a fix for this would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
  • adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,067
    It's been a rocky week, but I think we've made it through *crosses fingers*.

All the issues we know for publishing have been fixed including:

- Upgrade to 0.6.2
    - "Could not load info.plist file" issues
    - "set/a9912ba-6d3d-48f5-b584-1a9fff023f57.zip" error
    - Pro account activation. To fix:
    1.) rm ~/Library/Application\ Support/GameSalad/GameSalad.license
    2.) Reactivate GameSalad

I'm am wearing the Cone of Shame today since a lot of these issues were on the web side.

Thanks for your patience all!
  • PPenguinPPenguin Member, PRO Posts: 110
    Much appreciated.. Thanks!
  • JelJel Member Posts: 319
    Hi, The info.plist issus is fixed but when I try to upload the file via iTunes Connect I'm still getting

"The binary you uploaded was invalid. The signature was invalid, or it was not signed with an Apple submission certificate."
  • tollhousestudiotollhousestudio Member Posts: 166
    I'm getting this when trying to build to my device or simulator.
    pbxcp: publishing_license: No such file or directory

It wasn't doing this before, I don't know what I've done wrong.
    Jel,

sounds like you build with a development profile and not a distribution profile, that's 100% on apple's side, not gamesalads.

Make sure you have two provisioning profiles setup, which you create in the iPhone Developer Portal. One is for development, one is for distribution, when building for the App Store, make sure you're using the distribution one.
    no, in the xcode project downloaded from gamesalad, there is a publishing licence file.

but ever since downloading from today, the licence file is not there, but there is 2 new files called indie_licence and pro_licence, but xcode is asking for publishing_licence! which is no longer there when you download the xcode project from GS,
    ah crap, sorry mate, does anyone else get the publishing licence when they download the xcode project from GS?
  • JelJel Member Posts: 319
    Thanks mulcahy,

My god that was a bumpy ride with all the 0.6.1, 0.6.2, GS website and me not having a distribution certificate issues but I think ( I repeat, I think ) I published my first app.

Thanks again for your pointer with the distribution cert, without it I might of gone on posting endless posts about GS 0.6.x problems. Jel
    Still it freezin in " receiving iPhone app" step :(
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    /is glad he's waiting for the weekend till he submits!

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

http://istaispiens.lv/citi/error.png

here is screenshot how it looks ... i can stay it for 2 h and no change.. some times are some error : that must login in game salad , because terms are changed..
  • superNESsuperNES Member Posts: 166
    Hi Jaxter. You shouldn't let it hang for 2 hours. If it doesn't change after 5 mins, just cancel it and try again. I've seen that error myself and it's usually worked after I retry.