URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!

CreativeRiverCreativeRiver Member Posts: 43
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi all,

I'm in real need of some urgent help! I've had this great iPhone game built by a good friend of mine but i'm having issues regards to my mac certificates and profile.

Please please... can someone help me. Below is a break down of my problem:

"I have a distribution and a development certificate installed. I created a new app store provisioning profile yesterday for a new app. Upon downloading the provisioning profile I put it in Xcode, however i'm getting a yellow bar telling me that "A valid signing identity matching this profile could not be found in my keychain."

Comments

• CreativeRiverCreativeRiver Member Posts: 43
    Hi all,

I'm in real need of some urgent help! I've had this great iPhone game built by a good friend of mine but i'm having issues regards to my mac certificates and profile.

Please please... can someone help me. Below is a break down of my problem:

"I have a distribution and a development certificate installed. I created a new app store provisioning profile yesterday for a new app. Upon downloading the provisioning profile I put it in Xcode, however i'm getting a yellow bar telling me that "A valid signing identity matching this profile could not be found in my keychain."
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    Merged your duplicate topics.

check the "[sticky] Working with GameSalad 0.9.0: Publishing Issues and more." thread
    Ok cheers!

Are you able to help? Are you from UK?
    check my repost of entersimon 's guide in the yellow sticky "Working with GameSalad 0.9.0: Publishing Issues and more", it has something about this exact message
    Help please!

I read what you wrote about and im doing everything it says and being careful!

On the assistant, im up to download and install development certificate. I did what it says, download, double click and install to keychain access. I click continue,

Step 3 says " Step 3: Verify your private and public keys in Keychain Access

Verify the iOS Developer private and public keys are paired together in the Keychain Access application to ensure your Certificate is properly configured on your Mac."

BUT

in keychain access... nothing!

What do i DO?

Please help
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    delete al of you certificates and profiles and try again.

Also please read through the new forum Rules/Guidelines Sticky

Topics with title such as "URGENT PLEASE HELP!!!" Should not be used since the purpose of this forum is to help others when some searches for the same prob which you are having they will not find this thread because of the title not having anything to do with the issue being discussed.

Thanks and good luck
    oK

Sorry just I've made an app for Valentines season and need to get on app store asap.

Thanks for your help guys
    Ok

That didnt work.

Im still getting a yellow bar with error.

Can someone please.... please... help!

Im building an iphone app for Valentines day and need help asap
    Follow the guide on apples developer site on how to setup your machine, start from scratch and do everything they tell you too, your missing something.
    Set up my machine?

Or the procedure to clear that error?
    i'm cross posting this from an earlier thread i replied to, so much of it probably doesn't apply, but if you're looking to start fresh, follow these steps:

follow this guide step by step: http://gamesalad.com/wiki/developing_for_iphone
    And this one: https://developer.apple.com/ios/manage/certificates/team/howto.action

Read each step twice before you do anything

if you still have trouble, remove everything and start over by following these steps (copied from another post):

if you open up the keychain access application, you should see 3 certificates:

Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certificate Authority
    iPhone Developer: NAME
    iPhone Distribution: NAME

If you expand both the iPhone keys, you will see two a private key with your name under each. Right click on each of those and hit delete. After that right click on the three certificates above and hit delete.

Reboot your computer

Then open xcode, with your phone plugged in, and click on Window->Organizer
    If you click on Developer Profile, you should see nothing in it
    Click on Provisioning Profiles, delete EVERYTHING
    Click on your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad under devices, after a few seconds it will show you all installed provisioning profiles on the phone. Delete EVERYTHING

reboot your phone and your machine again just to make sure it's all cleaned out.

Now, go back and login to the iPhone Developer Portal and go to where you create your keychains/appids/provisioning profiles. Start from step 1, and read each section through twice before you do anything.

If you follow the steps it's very easy, but you have to follow them exactly. If you make a mistake it's a nightmare.
  • xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    That brings back memories!

I think you posted that back then when I had the same trouble(s)!

@ Creative River,
    I would recommend that you pick up a book that deals with developing apps for the iPhone as "most" books cover the submission process. I have a Dummies book which i use when I submit plus, I have one of tshirtbooth's videos running in parallel and somewhere in between there, I can manage.

But if this is your first time submitting be patient. It took me about two days and the process was very stressful!!
  • entersimonentersimon Member, PRO Posts: 273
    CreativeRiver said:
    Help please!

I read what you wrote about and im doing everything it says and being careful!

On the assistant, im up to download and install development certificate. I did what it says, download, double click and install to keychain access. I click continue,

Step 3 says " Step 3: Verify your private and public keys in Keychain Access

Verify the iOS Developer private and public keys are paired together in the Keychain Access application to ensure your Certificate is properly configured on your Mac."

BUT

in keychain access... nothing!

What do i DO?

Please help

If I were in your situation I would just delete your certificates from keychain access and follow the guide I wrote again. If any single part of the process isn't done exactly right that little yellow bar will continue to plague you.

And remember, after you create the new keys and download the new certificates, don't double click them in your download box to install them. Instead, drag and drop them into keychain access ON the keys that were created in a previous step. It seems silly that this step could cause problems, but for some reason the certs have a hard time finding the keys automatically. You've got to hold their hand when crossing the keychain access street. And if something's acting funny inside keychain access, reboot.

The problem you are encountering is annoying to say the least, but you'll get it. Read each step twice in my guide before doing anything. It's better than spending days angry and confused like I was.
  • peachpellenpeachpellen Member Posts: 977
    CreativeRiver solved his issue - I'm not sure how often he's here and seeing this get bumped I figured I'd update it :)