Help PLZ. My project is keeping crash, I cant find the reasons

xznkokxznkok Member Posts: 33
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi
My project is TD like game. I cannot find why it crashed on random playing through the game (both viewer and 3gs device) ...

Yesterday I thought maybe because the memory usage problem, today i found 100% not. In the TD scene :
image :1.6mb
sound: 465kb
game engine : 21mb (the game engine start with 13mb and will stay around 20-24 mb after played some waves and will not increase )
other :38mb
total:57 - 65mb

21 mb game engine memory absolutely not the reason of crash, because I had a project before for testing more than 30 times, I kept spawning actors after the game engine became 35mb it still not crash.

Now I think it should be some rules or attributes conflict. The crash always happened randomly during the towers attack the enemies .... I really need help.

By the way are there any debugger can be used for gs viewer?

Comments

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    what device are you playing on? 57-65mb of ram is crash worthy on older ipod touches and pre-iphone 3GS
  • xznkokxznkok Member Posts: 33
    jonmulcahy said:
    what device are you playing on? 57-65mb of ram is crash worthy on older ipod touches and pre-iphone 3GS

I am using iphone 3gs 16G. 57mb I think thats not big for 3gs,itouch 3,iphone 4, itouch4 and ipad right?
    I saw the basic GS sample "shoot them up" has already used 43mb...
  • xznkokxznkok Member Posts: 33
    OMG
    I just found the most possible reason, I just remove the sound effect of my towerS and the game is not crash any more...
    This abused me for 1 day.... I even never think about thats sound problem.....

My tower is "machine gun " tower, so I found a 1 shot sound file, and let the tower play every 0.1 seconds so that will sound like "machine gun. 4 towers attack together and play 40 times of that sound per seconds cause game crash (should be this reason)
    /'
    I think i should find another way to make "machine gun "like sound effect.
    anyone has some advice about audio ?
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    maybe have a soundeffects actor hidden off screen that actually plays the sound effects? have an attribute called playSound, and instead of having the towers play the sound, change that attribute to true or false.