run app on iPhone

nsx7000nsx7000 Member Posts: 2
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I have created an app meant for my own intents and purposes that I require on a daily basis. Therefore I need a
possibly a .ipa file of the app or some way of running the app on my phone (without using the gamesalad viewer).

All help is appreciated

Comments

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    you need to make an adhoc build of your app then you can drop a provisioning profile on itunes and drop the .app file straight into itunes and install it on your device
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    You'll need to generate an adhoc build. Do a search for instructions
  • magic101himagic101hi Member Posts: 713
    1. For adhoc make new dev certificate ( a new app ID) use this to make a dev certificate AND a distribution certificate (you only the dev one now though) in Itunesconnect.com (provisioning profile)
    2. Download it (99% of the time this will install it on your phone if its plugged in.. to be certain....
    2b.Not always needed by I do this to make sure your the certificate is on your phone open xcode > window > organizer > drag that certificate you made for your game onto your phone in the organizer window.)

Now the GS part:
    Publish it.... pretty much it lol
    When you upload it to GS select this new development certificate you made and GS will sign it for you when it creates your .app file

The file GS spits back can just be dragged onto your phone a few ways. The easiest is just drag the file GS sent back to you onto iTunes on your dock and sync it to your phone.

Hope I helped

-Josh
  • nsx7000nsx7000 Member Posts: 2
    thank you all very much for all you're help. i did some research around this website and to do any of this i apparently need an apple developer account. but this cost $99/year? I really can't justify spending $99/year just to get a simple app running on my phone that i created for free. can somebody help me here?

once again all help is appreciated
  • DimensionGamesDimensionGames PRO Posts: 993
    nsx7000 said:
    thank you all very much for all you're help. i did some research around this website and to do any of this i apparently need an apple developer account. but this cost $99/year? I really can't justify spending $99/year just to get a simple app running on my phone that i created for free. can somebody help me here?

once again all help is appreciated

Sadly this is the only way to do it.