Certificate Issues...

ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I am having problems updating my certificate. I have a new certificate, but I don't know how to find or use the public or private keys to build the viewer on my device. I have been having this problem all week. Can anyone please help?

Comments

• JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    Go to applications utilities keychain accesss to see all your keys
  • ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
    JohnPapiomitis said:
    Go to applications utilities keychain accesss to see all your keys

I tried that, but I don't see them there. My certificates are valid however.
    when your in keychain access, on the left youll see keychains then under it your login and system keychain, then under that itll say categories. Under that youll see it says keys clikc that and there are your keys
    JohnPapiomitis said:
    when your in keychain access, on the left youll see keychains then under it your login and system keychain, then under that itll say categories. Under that youll see it says keys clikc that and there are your keys

I tried that, but its still not there. When I'm in the keys section, I do not see them.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    ktfright,

did you get a new machine recently? or upgrade your OS? maybe that's why they are missing? I dunno, those things are such a pain in the ass i usually just blow away the installation when i have a problem and start over.

i'm cross posting this from an earlier thread i replied to, so much of it probably doesn't apply, but if you're looking to start fresh, follow these steps:

follow this guide step by step: http://gamesalad.com/wiki/developing_for_iphone

if you still have trouble, remove everything and start over by following these steps (copied from another post):

if you open up the keychain access application, you should see 3 certificates:

Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certificate Authority
    iPhone Developer: NAME
    iPhone Distribution: NAME

If you expand both the iPhone keys, you will see two a private key with your name under each. Right click on each of those and hit delete. After that right click on the three certificates above and hit delete.

Reboot your computer

Then open xcode, with your phone plugged in, and click on Window->Organizer
    If you click on Developer Profile, you should see nothing in it
    Click on Provisioning Profiles, delete EVERYTHING
    Click on your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad under devices, after a few seconds it will show you all installed provisioning profiles on the phone. Delete EVERYTHING

reboot your phone and your machine again just to make sure it's all cleaned out.

Now, go back and login to the iPhone Developer Portal and go to where you create your keychains/appids/provisioning profiles. Start from step 1, and read each section through twice before you do anything.

If you follow the steps it's very easy, but you have to follow them exactly. If you make a mistake it's a nightmare.
    I found that every times i installed a new certifacte for each one i had to exit keychain access before the other. that way when i clicked on the next one it would reopen keychain access it would ask for my password to add to keychain, if i just left it open and did the next one, i would see it in there but it wouldnt actually install cause it didnt ask for my password. I also found i had to drag my provisioning profiles into itunes first and then add it to my device with the plus sign in the xcode oragnizer, because it has to install on computer and device.

This stuff can get really frustrating and annoying, hang in there!
    JohnPapiomitis said:
    I found that every times i installed a new certifacte for each one i had to exit keychain access before the other. that way when i clicked on the next one it would reopen keychain access it would ask for my password to add to keychain, if i just left it open and did the next one, i would see it in there but it wouldnt actually install cause it didnt ask for my password. I also found i had to drag my provisioning profiles into itunes first and then add it to my device with the plus sign in the xcode oragnizer, because it has to install on computer and device.

This stuff can get really frustrating and annoying, hang in there!
    thanks guys! somehow ill make it work.
    jonmulcahy said:
    ktfright,

did you get a new machine recently? or upgrade your OS? maybe that's why they are missing? I dunno, those things are such a pain in the ass i usually just blow away the installation when i have a problem and start over.

i'm cross posting this from an earlier thread i replied to, so much of it probably doesn't apply, but if you're looking to start fresh, follow these steps:

follow this guide step by step: http://gamesalad.com/wiki/developing_for_iphone

if you still have trouble, remove everything and start over by following these steps (copied from another post):

if you open up the keychain access application, you should see 3 certificates:

Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certificate Authority
    iPhone Developer: NAME
    iPhone Distribution: NAME

If you expand both the iPhone keys, you will see two a private key with your name under each. Right click on each of those and hit delete. After that right click on the three certificates above and hit delete.

Reboot your computer

Then open xcode, with your phone plugged in, and click on Window->Organizer
    If you click on Developer Profile, you should see nothing in it
    Click on Provisioning Profiles, delete EVERYTHING
    Click on your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad under devices, after a few seconds it will show you all installed provisioning profiles on the phone. Delete EVERYTHING

reboot your phone and your machine again just to make sure it's all cleaned out.

Now, go back and login to the iPhone Developer Portal and go to where you create your keychains/appids/provisioning profiles. Start from step 1, and read each section through twice before you do anything.

If you follow the steps it's very easy, but you have to follow them exactly. If you make a mistake it's a nightmare.

Yeah, I updated my sdk after paying my apple subscription. This is a pain, and I wish Apple made this a bit easier.