Crash when trying to edit 7th actor

BeagleBeagle Member Posts: 6
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi all,

Everytime I attempt to edit the 6th or seventh actor in a scene gamesalad crashes. Any ideas? I only bought my new imac today and this is the first thing i installed on it.

Thanks,

Beagle

Comments

• gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    Hi Beagle, can you remember if you made an attribute (or two) and deleted them? If the actor's Rules you're trying to get to has used no-longer existing attribute, that could cause it to crash.

Another possiblility: if you're using GS .9, you must have the latest Mac OS installed, i.e Snow Leopard. If not, that could be the reason. Can't think what else at the moment...

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• BeagleBeagle Member Posts: 6
    Hi gyroscope,

Nope havn't deleted any attributes and i even started a new project and the same occurance.

Yes I do have snow leopard. Only bought this iMac today from new.
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    Strange, some "tangle" or other. I guess your best bet is to delete those problem actors (if you can remember their Rules) and replace them. If the actors on screen are Prototypes, double-clicking the actual Actor in the Inspector will more than likely show you it's Rules, of course, if you haven't tried that route. Hope you get it sorted.

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

The additional actors are all blank actors that are used as walls. Only properties I am changing is not visable and not movable and then adding in a collide against my char actor.
  • DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
    The only thing I could say is re-install it but I don't see how that would work either.
    Already tried.

Ok to give you as much info as I can:-

The crash occurs after I have made around 7 actors and i double click to edit the next actor. If I save after editing each actor then the crash does not occur, but if I don't save, even one time, then the crash occurs when i double click on an actor.