Gamesalad opening screen in game.

HeroGamersHeroGamers Member Posts: 6
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi,

I have yet to download the software, but was wondering if I created a game using gamesalad, would their logo be placed before the game loads as credits or is it still 100% my own work?

Thanks.

Comments

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
  • HeroGamersHeroGamers Member Posts: 6
    tenrdrmer said:
    Yes

Yes what, my game will have gamesalad credits at the beginning?
  • DimensionGamesDimensionGames PRO Posts: 993
    yes it's a simple animation with the logo.
    PossesiveGaming said:
    yes it's a simple animation with the logo.

Oh thats bad, is there anyway to remove it?
    HeroGamers said:
    Oh thats bad, is there anyway to remove it?

Why? It's asking pretty little considering you don't have to write ANY code. Though I can see your issue with it. Sadly no. Even Pro membership cannot.

Hope this helps.
    PossesiveGaming said:
    Why? It's asking pretty little considering you don't have to write ANY code. Though I can see your issue with it. Sadly no. Even Pro membership cannot.

Hope this helps.

Ohhh that sucks so much. If I wanted to set up a business with a range of games it would looks unprofessional with gamesalads logo..
    Well to be honest I wouldn't worry the majority of gamers will not notice. Think of most games many have multiple splash screens and don't know what gamesalad is. If it's a good game it won't affect it.
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    would you rather save months of time of coding for a 2 sec splash screen? i think so, so dont complain
    JohnPapiomitis said:
    would you rather save months of time of coding for a 2 sec splash screen? i think so, so dont complain

My thoughts exactly :L
    JohnPapiomitis said:

I'd rather spend more time then having the splash screen, it devalues your game because there so many crappy games out there with the opening logo it therefore can make your game look crappy.
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    HeroGamers said:
    I'd rather spend more time then having the splash screen, it devalues your game because there so many crappy games out there with the opening logo it therefore can make your game look crappy.

Well if thats the case, get off this forum, go download cocos2d, go on thatt forum and get to work. I dont get what your bitching about, if you would rather not have the splash screen and spend months coding then go do it, everyone here could care less
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    HeroGamers said:

Honestly, the new one is much better than the old one. It now says "powered by" instead of "made with" and is very short.

I've made a big deal out of the load screen and had a pro version previously for the single reason of not wanting the screen, and we are now using Flash for app development, but for game creation, GameSalad is pretty hard to beat. I hope to keep using it for personal work because it is just so easy to create amazing things. The software is remarkable in what it does, and for the price, so you can't blame GS for wanting a little marketing out of it. That said, I still wish there were an option for no screen, but at least the new one is better.
  • AsymptoteellAsymptoteell Member Posts: 1,362
    The splash screen is a great thing for their business. I never would have known about Gamesalad if I hadn't gotten a game made with it and then seen the splash screen. It might be annoying, but with such a versatile, not to mention free program, this can only be expected.