Marketing Campaign - AppVersity

scorelessmusicscorelessmusic Member Posts: 565
I bit the bullet and have decided to try my first advertisement campaign for Chordica (www.chordica.com) to get the feel of how it goes and the impact it has. In case anyone's keen to know the results, I'll post them in this thread.

I've decided to go with AppVersity for this round because they are having a Holiday Special Pricing. It sounds reasonable, from USD$30 - $70 for a campaign lasting 30 days. They claim that 60,000 users could be seeing it.

Comments

• JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
    I am very interested, please post your impressions as they come.
  • ChirpinGamesChirpinGames Member, PRO Posts: 214
    Yeah that would be very helpful if you posted the results, thanks!
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    yea, I'd be interested in seeing some results too, I've been looking at various websites to advertise on, but I haven't settled yet.
  • scorelessmusicscorelessmusic Member Posts: 565
    Here's what I can see over the 1st weekend:

Marginal increase in website traffic, sustaining only about 10 more visits a day than the monthly average. Of course when your monthly average is about 100 visits a day, it's like a 10% jump. :)

Here's something a bit more extreme... the tracking with the Chordica apps.

I have a free version of the Chordica (Chordica Lite) and the stats on that may be more telling. Admob reports an obvious jump of an average of 200 requests a day to what looks like an average of 550 requests a day since the date of the advertisement launch.

An interesting point to note is that my former admob revenues paid off about 1/2 the amount for this ad campaign on AppVersity. If this trend keeps up, and improves hopefully, Admob itself may fully pay for the running of this campaign easily.

On the itunesconnect front, there are no sales recorded on the paid app. Somewhat disappointing and another reason to be sure you have alternative revenue streams. Apple has yet to report on Saturday and Sunday however. Let's hope for some signs of life.

One possible salient point is that the paid version of Chordica has been on the App Store since Jan 21, so the current numbers do not reflect a fully coordinated product launch campaign.

Hopefully, things heat up as we approach the christmas gift-giving period. And I will be coordinating other aspects to tie in, like the actual pre-launch buzz of a new upcoming product (Chordica Touch) and launch of social media integration (Facebook Fan Pages, Twitter, etc)