iAds and iPad

MogosMogos Member Posts: 63
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hello.

I just upgraded to Pro and the plan is to incorporate iAd on both the iPhone and the iPad version of the game.
On the iPhone I add the behavior and I can see the GS placeholder so I'm assuming this is working well.
On the iPad version, nothing happens.

I've went through the forums, open dozens of posts where the topic is raised but didn't see any conclusive answer.

Having said that, let's split it in two questions:

1- Does GS supports iAds on the iPad version of the games?

2- Is apple pushing iAds on iPad only applications?

Thank you for sharing.

Happy new year.

Comments

• FetaboyFetaboy Member, PRO Posts: 191
    I'm also curious about iAds on the iPad via Gamesalad, but have yet to find a concrete answer.
  • MogosMogos Member Posts: 63
    It would be great if someone from GS would be nice to answer at least question 1.
  • osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    I too have been wondering the same thing. I just finished and submitted the iPhone version of my latest app, and am now in the process of converting to iPad, but I need to know if iAds are supported on iPad by GS and/or Apple.
    Mogos said:
    On the iPhone I add the behavior and I can see the GS placeholder so I'm assuming this is working well.
    On the iPad version, nothing happens.

I know there are a few bugs concerning iAds in the GS creator, but I do not know if this is one of them. Could someone please confirm this ASAP. Thanks.
    Hello everyone.

Happy new year.

Is there any way we can start well the year by having someone from GS answering this topic? :)

Hope so :)
    Mogos said:
    Hello everyone.

Happy new year.

Is there any way we can start well the year by having someone from GS answering this topic? :)

Hope so :)

+ 1
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    I just tested an AdHoc build. Yes, Virginia, There Is an iAd.
  • emf715emf715 Member Posts: 16
    I have iAds enabled on my iPad app, Pico Firme Bago lite (go download it!). Although they never appeared in the viewer, I can tell from my iTunes Connect reports that they are active and requesting ads (of which none are available).
    Ok great! Thanks everyone
    Hello CodeMonley.

Happy New Year. Thanks for posting. It's very welcome information.

@emf715, thank you for also confirming.

Now that we know it works in production, GS, please take note, it's not showing in development.
    At least for me, on the iPhone I see the GS iAd placeholder but on the iPad version, nothing shows.
    Guys,

sorry to come back to the topic but I'm now finishing two builds with iAd, one for the iphone and one for the iPad.
    The iPhone one, everything is great. I've built it, run it on the device and the Apple test iAd shows, although with a little delay of 5 to 10 secs.

My problem is again the iPad version. Even on the device, no test iAd is showing like it did on the iPhone version.
    Anyone knows if this is a GS or a Apple problem?

Thank you.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    This is something that should get a definitive answer from GameSalad. Yes or no Should iAds be working on iPad?
    CodeMOnkey already confirmed that it shows iAd.
    The problem is that I'm not sure if that was really a add or just the Apple Test Banner.
    Since I'm running a dev build on the device, i'm tempted to believe something is wrong but I don't know what.

The code I'm using on the iPad version was a copy/paste from the one that works on the iPhone version.
    CodeMonkey, can you give us some light on this again ?

Thank you.
    Anyone ?
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    Some real feedback would be great on this...does/should the iPad 'show iAd Behavior' work IN DEVELOPMENT, either in creator or on the viewer.
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    iPad will require OS 4.2+ to be able to use iAd in apps.
    The GS Viewer on iPad and Ad Hoc builds for iPad will not show iAd because something isn't being sent to display the test ad.

If you use the GS Viewer via the Simulator or the Preview Player, you will see iAd working.
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    oh..thats odd...I am currently getting Apple test iAds with both ad-hoc and viewer builds on my iPad.