EXC_BAD_ACCESS error encountered??

PatronusPatronus Member Posts: 56
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I just downloaded and built an app on my iphone and the following happened:

1. The sprites don't look like they do on GS on my computer. The transparent bits are only partially transparent on the iPhone. Circles appear inside blocks because of that. Does it make sense?

2. The app works for a short while and then freezes. Not always at the same place. Once it crashed I can't get past the "Made with GameSalad" screen again and I have to delete and re-compile it onto my iPhone.

3. I saw a message in the left bottom corner of XCode that says: "GDB: Program received signal: "EXC_BAD_ACCESS". Needless to say, it appears when the app freezes.

Does anyone have advice? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• PatronusPatronus Member Posts: 56
    Has nobody ever encountered this problem?

Apparently the error has to do with over-releasing objects on the iPhone, a typical Objective C problem. It doesn't sound like something I can do by using GS however. I thought that I may somehow still be using some actor after destroying it, or referring to it, but I checked, that isn't the case.

Any advice will be very welcome.
  • JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
    I have not not seen this before. =(
  • PatronusPatronus Member Posts: 56
    Another clue: You don't have to play the game and no actor has to move, spawn or be destroyed for this to happen. If you start the game and wait a random number of seconds (typically 30 or so) it crashes all by itself, without even an actor moving. Before it crashes everything works fine.

It doesn't crash in the intro scene probably because it only has one actor which is an image. The "live" scenes suffer from it, though. Whether actors are moving or not.
  • ajose96ajose96 Member Posts: 1
    I have that same problem!
    I have been searching everywhere in forums but i cant find the solution.

Does anyone know the solution or how to fix it?