Games freeze upon launch

JomskylarkJomskylark Member Posts: 6
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I made two simple games today and I've been having trouble getting them to load. The app launches in the dock, and a box comes up that's titled "Window", but I get the rainbow ball and it freezes. This happens on both apps.

One has eight scenes and roughly 66 actors total. 15.8 MB
The other has 25 scenes and roughly 116 actors total. 10 MB

Both are more or less trivia games. You just click on an answer, if you get it right you move on, wrong you go back a question. So they're pretty simple. There are sounds in one, but none in the other.

I've waited a good half hour and they are still frozen. It's really disappointing because they are gifts for friends, and I am not able to easily send them out.

I understand it's the holidays, but any help would be much appreciated. Even if it's just something I can run or do to locate the problem, that'd help. Thank you in advance!

Comments

• expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    Are you saying the size of the apps are 15.8MB and 10mb or the memory usage? Big difference. Try testing it on the gs viewer on your device and seeing the numbers that come up
  • JomskylarkJomskylark Member Posts: 6
    I just right clicked the apps and clicked on "get info", so I assume it is the size.

Also, I'm not an iPhone developer; I developed these apps for the Mac.
  • TwistedMechTwistedMech Member Posts: 408
    i found that apps with no GFX or sound files would not work in GS Viewer. The viewer would crash.
  • TwistedMechTwistedMech Member Posts: 408
    it may be worth adding your own splash screen as the first scene with a 2 second delay before moving to next scene. This solved crash issues for me when the app started after the GS logo.
  • JomskylarkJomskylark Member Posts: 6
    I'm sorry for the delay. How exactly would I create a splash screen, that would automatically go to the next scene after a few seconds?

Thanks.