Should I release an Update for my apps now or should I wait till January

azavegaazavega Member Posts: 362
Hi.. I released my two games on friday on the app store, and so far i have 60 downloads but the majority are promo codes... Got 2 good days with 17 and 28 downloads each but they decreased after that... I'm not really disappointed with it cause I know its really hard to get sales, especially in this month of the year so I'm just wondering... Should I release an update that I already have prepared for my games or should I wait till January...
Also do my 60 download in 4 days r really good or not... cause those r my first apps so I don't really know whats the average on this... Please guys with more experience give me a clue...

Comments

• NexusGameStudioNexusGameStudio Member Posts: 265
    Hey azavega,

I released Gravonaut this past monday, I too am having extremely low numbers like yourself, seems to be the normal case around here. Sales are hard right now and we're fighting with the lack of purchases and xmas sales on established titles. You will not be able to release an update anyways as the App Store is in freeze until December 29th starting tomorrow, no updates, price changes, or other changes will go into effect until the app store for developers re-opens at the end of the month.

In this time, keep track of sales, see how xmas affects it, if it does poorly, wait till January for for either the new update or re-release.
  • azavegaazavega Member Posts: 362
    ok thanks for the info... yeah I Knew that App store going to be close I just didnt remember what day was today... I guess I'm to busy to look at the calendar. Well I just wait and see what happens...