Preview on iPhone - Gamesalad Viewer Disconnecting Wifi

xkipxxkipx Member Posts: 3
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Basically I was able to load my game one time. Now it sits at Compressing Game Assets for about 10 seconds. And then disconnects my phone from the wifi, everytime. And when my phone is connected, I can't reconnect back to my wifi. I have to disconnect the phone, and reconnect, and try again.

Not working.

Anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,394
    I have this exact same issue and its a right pain in the arse! I wish we could get some official response on this kinda thing!
  • xkipxxkipx Member Posts: 3
    Yeah, I agree. Would like an answer as soon as possible.
  • xkipxxkipx Member Posts: 3
    Man, would like a comment on this. Surely is holding me back from making a $499 purchase :(
  • expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    Same happened to me about a week ago, but I got it fixed. Are you adding custom behaviors in your instance actors? It is best to leave as many instance actors as possible locked...Try to remove some custom behaviors and see what is causing the problem

It might take some time but in the end it will be worth it. Make a copy of your project, then try the following

In your copy of your project, delete everything you have in there, actors, img files, audio files, rules, attributes, etc. Delete everything as if the project were a blank project. Now try to test your project in the viewer. If it still crashes, then you must know that something is wrong. How can a blank project crash like that? After that make another copy of your project, and since deleting all of the assets didn't work it must be something like a custom behavior in the scene actors that is causing the problem. Start to delete the custom behaviors in the actors that for example have a reference to the scene attributes. Do this until it starts to work on the viewer
  • TwistedMechTwistedMech Member Posts: 408
    I resolved my wifi issue by doing a firmware update /restore on my iphOne4.
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,394
    artonskyblue said:
    Same happened to me about a week ago, but I got it fixed. Are you adding custom behaviors in your instance actors? It is best to leave as many instance actors as possible locked...Try to remove some custom behaviors and see what is causing the problem

It might take some time but in the end it will be worth it. Make a copy of your project, then try the following

In your copy of your project, delete everything you have in there, actors, img files, audio files, rules, attributes, etc. Delete everything as if the project were a blank project. Now try to test your project in the viewer. If it still crashes, then you must know that something is wrong. How can a blank project crash like that? After that make another copy of your project, and since deleting all of the assets didn't work it must be something like a custom behavior in the scene actors that is causing the problem. Start to delete the custom behaviors in the actors that for example have a reference to the scene attributes. Do this until it starts to work on the viewer

Thanks for your suggestion, but totally not worth it. If i have setup custom rules etc then they are obviously needed in the unlocked instances. It is a right hinderance not being able to test on the viewer, to keep making adhoc builds is a pain as well as i cannot publish via wifi as it just comes up with the 'server experiencing problems' message, i have to physically wire in. There is NOTHING wrong with my wifi, good speed, strong connection (right next to the router), it just seems this latest version is riddled with bugs! I have seen responses on the server publishing problem but have not seen any response on this issue ... a yellow post would be great. Even if its not an answer, just a, 'we're aware and fixing' would be cool. Would love to see a 0.9.1 patch out for xmas :)