GameSalad Plug-in for Safari doesn't register

architectpianistarchitectpianist Member Posts: 21
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi,
I'm fairly new to GameSalad - in fact, I heard about this three days ago. I'm running 10.5.8 Leopard on my computer, and I ordered Snow Leopard, which should be arriving in a few days. I have a few ideas for apps and games, and I wanted to get familiar with the GameSalad interface and how to do different things. I tried to open some of the tutorials, received the message to download GameSalad Plug-in, and did so, to no avail. I installed it three times, none of which worked. I can't view the video tutorials with downloadable projects.
I also can't open GameSalad, which I assume is because it's not supported on my OS. But I would've thought that the plug-in would work on any operating system. I'm using Safari 5.0.1.
Thanks!

Comments

• gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    Hi architectpianist, welcome to the forum! Don't panic, the plug-in is only for Snow Leopard as well. So when you've got that installed, the plug-in will work fine as well as GS .9. Happy game-making! :-)

PS Unfortunately though, some games set for Download (uploaded after .9 was released and the website amended/updated) don't show a download button at the moment...

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• architectpianistarchitectpianist Member Posts: 21
    Thanks! :)
    Yeah, my 6-year-old sister has been bugging me ever since I told her about it. "Come on! I want to make a game!" Of course, she's had about a gazillion ideas already. :)
  • iKandyiKandy Imagineer of Crazy Shit New York CityMember Posts: 310
    I just tried installing the "GameSalad Plug-In for Safari" and it says it installed, but it still doesn't work. Can anyone tell me what are the next steps after I apparently installed the plug-in?
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    When GS switched to HTML5 the plugin was depreciated. It doesn't work anymore, those old games would have to be rey loaded for you to view them. If you lucky, the download button should be there if the user enabled it.

Closing this down since the thread is 9 mths old.
This discussion has been closed.