GameSalad gradually slows down as I'm using it

mza1979mmza1979m Member Posts: 27
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Is this a known problem with GameSalad or is it just me? As I use GameSalad, going from screen to screen, it gradually slows down until it gets to the point where it's unusable, at which point I have to shut it down then relaunch. It then works fine initially but continues to slow down significantly as I use it. With every screen I switch to, it takes longer to load than the previous screen load time. If I don't shut it down, eventually it'll take minutes for each screen to load.
Does this have anything to do with the fact that I'm using a hackintosh? Or is this a common occurrence for everyone?

Comments

• osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    I'm using a Mac Mini with intel core 2 duo and I have the exact same problem you mentioned mza1979m, so I'm guessing its a GameSalad problem. Can anyone confirm this?
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    It's a problem with GS, unfortunately. It was hoped it would be fixed for .9 but the problem still persists. Save regularly, try not to use the back and forward buttons too much, and quit and restart GS every 10 to 15 mins.

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• QbAnYtOQbAnYtO Member Posts: 523
    yea me too. holy god its a pain in the ass.. my shyt crashes every 5 minutes (i'm on 8.7 and on a 2007 mac mini) i surely do hope that when i get my 2010 mac mini and new 0.9 gamesalad that this issues will be reduced atleas :(
  • madmasseymadmassey Member Posts: 55
    Yeah guys, this is a problem that pretty much everybody has I think. I have 4 gigs of RAM and still have to restart Gamesalad every 10 minutes or so. Luckily the program boots up extremely fast, heh.
  • magic101himagic101hi Member Posts: 713
    It happens to me to

MacBook 5,1
    6 GB ram
    500 GB 7200 rpm

-Josh
  • xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    I am not knowledgeable in software programing matters but I understand that the issue is very complex and might take a while to fix.

My request to the creators of GS is to add a button (script) that when clicked, saves the scene, shuts down GS, restates the program and automatically logs in and returns to the last used working state.

This way, when things slow down or we have finished a task that needed to be finished we could make that click and in seconds, return to fast behavior.

I don't mind restarting but doing all the steps manually takes a minute and often, I get distracted and lose focus during the restart.

I can work with GS as is but I'd love a restart button if that is not too hard to implement.

Thanks GS team for this faboulus piece of software! :)
  • EatingMyHatEatingMyHat Member Posts: 1,246
    +1

close and restart every 30 min or so.