Happy Doodle Sushi Smile 1.5 is here! (new leaderboard)

peachpellenpeachpellen Member Posts: 977
edited November -1 in Non-GS Game News
It's not perfect but it has quite a few things implemented now that were requested previously.

If you have it and felt like updating and reviewing the new version I'd be eternally grateful ^-^;

Alternatively, if you don't have it and want it let me know and I'll give you a promo code.

There's a new leaderboard, so I'm off to try and get a decent score so I don't get knocked off as fast this time, heh!

Peach

Comments

• peachpellenpeachpellen Member Posts: 977
    PM'd it to you :D
  • LordTarantorLordTarantor Member, PRO Posts: 890
    Sorry for that peach but I took the lead again.
    keep practicing maybe one day you will be able to beat me at your own game. lol.
  • azavegaazavega Member Posts: 362
    Can I have a promo code I'll be sure to review your app
    azavega@gmail.com
  • LordTarantorLordTarantor Member, PRO Posts: 890
    117705 yup thats right. This is how you it the sushi...
  • liljamojamoliljamojamo Member Posts: 54
    Did you make that with gamesalad
    Sorry, was off sleeping/eating dinner at 3 AM/emailing Butterbean :P

@LordTarantor - STOP DOING BETTER THAN ME. XD (Well done, though.)

@avazega - Sure, please review it for me :) I'll email it in 5, just let me finish my toast.

@liljamojamo - No, sorry.
  • rickdalrickdal Member Posts: 30
    @peach,
    I like your game, very cutesy.. Plus the techno music brings back memories for me. I can see how it could be addictive chasing high scores, especially with open feint integration. One thing that I think would help is trying to involve a bit more risk vs reward type thinking while playing. currently, there is no penalty for missing an "edible" collectible and when it's near a "baddy", you avoid it without thinking since another is soon coming. I think adding a combo or multiplier system could really help with that. You build up an additional multiplier for each X amount food you collect in a row, if you miss one, the combo ends. That way, you may be tempted to collect the nigiri that happens to be right next to the ninja because you are "one away" from a 10x multiplier...

I've worked on a lot of extreme sports games and Tony hawk titles, so I guess I lean towards thinking of combo multipliers...

Just a thought
    Hey there rickdal,

Thanks for the comments; I picked a medi-techno track just thinking it fit in with what I was trying to do. (As an added bonus the beat lines up well with the crabs animation, making it look a little like it's dancing, lol!)

This is true about the multiplier, I hope to add that in 2.0 - originally I left it out as there were the achievements for Sushi in a row - but they are too easy by themselves to achieve, I agree.

It would also be cool as I could have a little arcade-like type of animation for when you get a good combo.

Cool that you've worked on Tony Hawk, I loved the second PS2 title in the series - soon as I can afford a PS3 I'll be back into it ^-^;