Free for one Day Make 23.000 Downloads!

MagoNicolasMagoNicolas Member, PRO Posts: 2,090
Hello there, how are you?
As some of you know, e-Pig Rope was free for yesterday (I will extend that promotion for today 2).
It makes 23.000 downloads! Thats to much!
It`s in top 100 OVerall in USA!

51 in All Games, 16 in Games Action and 12 in Games Adventure! Just in one day.
Now is Ranked in 67 countries rather than 27.
And in more than 40 countries Ranked in Top Overall. (11 of them better than top 100)
My best is 14 Top Overall in Slovakia.

I want to have advice on what to do. Yesterday e-Pig sold twos a normal day, thanks to e-Pig Rope free strategy.

I can Return to price, and see what happen.
I can leave it free… and sell more of my other apps maybe, get more people to know my ePig Games brand and website, and in the future have an update with iAds.

Or another Option! Help!

Thanks!

Comments

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    Thats amazing!!!

I'm not sure what you should do but those figures are GRrrrreat:)

If you have other games that are linked from this maybe leave it until it drops down the charts then put it back to paid?

Darren.
  • MagoNicolasMagoNicolas Member, PRO Posts: 2,090
    utopiangames said:
    Thats amazing!!!

I'm not sure what you should do but those figures are GRrrrreat:)

If you have other games that are linked from this maybe leave it until it drops down the charts then put it back to paid?

Darren.

Yeah I can`t Belive those numbers!
    Website incresed 200 additional visits.
    :( My game dons`t have link yet to other games and site (Only to site in description) Now that I have pro, was planning tu uPdate it Pretty soon.

But maybe your strategy is a good idea.
    Keep coming those comments!

Thanks!
  • ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114
    I was getting up to 10,000 free downloads per day when I put iSUB up for free (mostly France, Russia and Hungary)..but it went back to 1 sale every other day when I put the price back to paid....

so for me, the free pricing didnt really help much, other than to help boost the ego when you see your app actually in the charts, and shifting what looks like promising numbers.

I need to get it updated, and include a link to Mole in a Hole to see if any of those free iSUB units help generate any sales for the new game.
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    Maybe instead of a free complete game, give away a lite version, with a few levels only, showing a link to the full game, might generate more sales?

E-pig Rope looks to be an excellent game, by the way! It deserves to sell, in my opinion!

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    Leave it free and start scrambling to make epig rope part deux
    scitunes said:
    Leave it free and start scrambling to make epig rope part deux

Yes i was thinking that doing that will be a good strayegy.
    With new levels, monsters and endless mode.
  • expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    Actually I think you should put it as paid now, and when you submit your sequel then you make it free to create some more hype for the second
    artonskyblue said:
    Actually I think you should put it as paid now, and when you submit your sequel then you make it free to create some more hype for the second

Thanks, i thougth o that 2 and think it is Maybe the better strayegy.
  • azavegaazavega Member Posts: 362
    man that's really nice. Happy for your success and hopping every one else have the same success with their applications... Congrats buddy your hard work its paying back...