"Download Project" button never works for me

mza1979mmza1979m Member Posts: 27
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I don't know if it's me or something else, but when I click on a demo to view it and try it out, everything works fine up until click the "Download Project" button. When I click it, it opens the same demo, maximized, in a new window. When I try right-clicking the "Download Project" button and "Download Linked File", it downloads a file with a .game extension, and if I try to run it, it actually opens a game of 3D chess! This happens every time, no matter what demo I download. Any suggestions? I'm new. Stop rolling your eyes at me.

Comments

• gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    Hi mza1979m, that threw me when I first started downloading, no worries! Just clicking on it does indeed take you to a web window version; that's the way it is.

The downloaded file: change the extension (game) to zip. Then double-click to unzip. There's your game file! :-)

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• mza1979mmza1979m Member Posts: 27
    Excellent! Thanks so much. Download the file, change the .game to .zip and launch, so obvious! :)
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Yeah how foolish to think clicking a button to download the game project would actually download a project you could just open and start messing with. took some forum searching to find out how to use the .game file before I figured it all out.