New Update Regarding Promo Codes

NexusGameStudioNexusGameStudio Member Posts: 265
In case you did not receive the email from Apple this morning:

"Promo codes are a great way to offer your app to the media for promotional purposes or for them to review and test your app. Your promo code distribution is no longer limited to U.S. customers. Promo codes can now be redeemed through any App Store around the world. You can request 50 promo codes per version of your app from iTunes Connect."

An updated fact that I discovered as well recently. If you use a promo code now, it does not count as a purchase on your account and for that reason, it will NOT allow you to leave a review, those who are giving promo codes in exchange for reviews will no longer work.

Comments

• xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    i just got the email ....

it's a great idea to axe the "i give you a promo code and you give me a positive review" situation because it doesn't do any good.
    by now, most people know what sucks and what doesn't, regardless of the review.

There is a book out that brakes down what influences people to make the buying decision and most rate the look way above the reviews .... cost is a factor too that determines if one buys or not.

It's still a good idea to take them and pass them out to reviewers as otherwise they would not be willing to look at the app :)
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    THanks for this, NexusGameStdio; really good news for me as I'm a UK resident and sorely wanted to try out some of the games offering promo codes in the past. :-)

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    Yeah this is great news for me as i live in the UK :)

Nice one Mr A.

Darren.