Upgrade Help

SethsAppsSethsApps Member, PRO Posts: 328
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Before I upgrade to 0.9.0 I just want to know if my current 0.8.9 projects will transfer over and be faster without ANY problems. Does anyone have any positive or negative experience with this?

Comments

• gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    Hi SurgeApps; some users (including myself) have experienced big problems with games made in .8.9 playing on .9. In my case, a previous project didn't play at all; the whole screen frozen, no controls working, even a problem with music and/or sound.

Sorry to tell you the bad news. Some good news: you don't have to quit every ten minutes now; as someone else reported, every half an hour or so GS starts getting sluggish. People have reported that frame rates are more constant in .9.

Seems to be a slight hiccup in Interpolate Attribute's performance, and the My Behaviours has shut up shop again.

:-(

PS I'm guessing you know, but just in case you don't, if you do want to use .9, you'll need Snow Leopard.

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• SethsAppsSethsApps Member, PRO Posts: 328
    Thanks for your feedback, Im really kind of disappointed and afraid to update :/

Do you know if there is a way to downgrade again?
  • expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    @surgeapps, It won't matter anymore because you currently cannot publish games with 0.8.9. You basically need to transfer to 0.9 if youre planning on publishing. I would recommend this:before you upgrade make a duplicate of your game saved in 0.8.9. So now you have two game files, one that was never saved in 0.9 and to e left that way, and another that you can test in 0.9. This is just in case you may need to send your game to codemonkey for him to see the difference between each game file.

Good luck
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    If you mean your copy of .8.9 has been overwritten by .9, the only way is to ask GS inc. for a copy. I'm sure they won't mind but they'll tell you that they won't/don't support .8.9 anymore. Also I downloaded a separate copy so I've still got .8.9, I could zip it and send it to you if you like, if you give me your email address.

But after all that I've said, your game still might run OK. Or you might find you just have to replace a few actors to get it up and running again. If it's not too major a project, perhaps consider that? THe only thing is, as I mentioned, there isn't My Behaviours in .9; personally, for copying Rules to other actors, I'm having to use screengrabs and copying rule by rule from those; it's a pain but seems to work out.

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• SethsAppsSethsApps Member, PRO Posts: 328
    I found the file using my trusty google friend :D

It is a HUGE project that is already in the app store and its actually for a client so that makes me even more nervous.