old games not loading with IOS4.2 anymore???

rdcuberdcube Member Posts: 361
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi y'all,
I just got a message from one of my friends that downloaded a couple of my games when they came about 10 months ago (I believe they were build with GS 0.8.4 or 0.8.5) and since they upgraded to IOS4.2, none of my games are working on his ipod 3rd gen...I just tested as well on iphone 3g and iphone 4, and sure enough, it goes through the GS splash screen and then it crashes :(

Does this means we have to update our games? or is this another GS issue we should be worry about?

Has anybody had this happened?

Since all the issues people are reporting with 0.9, I'm hesitant on even trying to submit an update with it.
I'm having issues with sound on a current project and I'm waiting for 0.9.1 to see if it fixes those issues.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
RD

Comments

• BeyondtheTechBeyondtheTech Member Posts: 809
    My Spellcaster game crashes on my iPhone 4. Definitely an issue with older GS builds and iOS 4.2.
  • kadinshinokadinshino Member Posts: 82
    Yes iv had this happen. basic fix will be to update your game using the GS .09 or have them re-install the game. apple dose recommend resetting the phone after each game install
  • RacetotheMoonRacetotheMoon Member Posts: 323
    Have them close out some of the processes running in the background.
    (By double tapping the home button and then holding the screen until it shakes.)

I've had the same problem with people trying to load my latest game.
  • rdcuberdcube Member Posts: 361
    AkioAkemi said:
    Have them close out some of the processes running in the background.
    (By double tapping the home button and then holding the screen until it shakes.)

I've had the same problem with people trying to load my latest game.

glad to hear it's not just my game; however, I tried resetting my phone as well and still, nothing works.
    I did a quick test with 0.9 and like I said, some of my behaviors don't seem to be working (sound and collision).

Every developer puts the pieces together just to make them work, I borrow code from sample projects plus my 'hacks' which by all means is no 'best practice', but it works...so now, what do I do? rework?

Don't think this is acceptable :(

GS head chefs should let us know what to do to fix.