GS custom splash screen. Think about it

kadinshinokadinshino Member Posts: 82
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Its funny to see how many people are complaining about no custom splash screen. you guys have lots of other options but think of this.

Unity Pro + iPhone Pro cost roughly 3000$. that is the only way to get custom splash screens with them for most people you will need a team of talented programers that will in end cost you more money

iTourq 750$ Terrible scripting in my opinion. really hard to use but is really powerful if you know what your doing. always have the option to use custom splash screen.

Epic Games 10K per seat, Just no for most of us

GS 0.9 500$ You litarly have to know nothing about programing. the compiler is simple and easy to use out of the above two. you dont need to know xcode or C+ you have the option to add in iADs and custom links. thats awesome.

But with GS you get what you paid for. you get limited use but at the same time ease of use. the pure speed that you can compile an app from start to finish can be less then 3 days. Yes we have no custom splash screen. i do like the idea tho of having the option to choose black or white. maybe even a few other options to give the apps that are developed on GS some more uniqueness.

For those who paid 2000$ i feel bad for you. but when you paid and read the agreement they said they could make changes at anytime. this is why i did not opt for pro. because i figured they would remove the option for custom splash screens.

also remember this is still in beta! this is not the finalized verson of GS. im sure there taking all your thoughts in helping to improve it. for now just ride the crazy train and be happy you dont need a team to make your apps.

Just my thoughts :) leave your feedback

Comments

• IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    Agree, I have nothing against the GS splash screen. For me - it can stay, but it would be great if GS team make two versions of it - black and white and let us choose which one we want in our game.

If someone thinks that this is unprofessional to have this splash screen, then he should start learning Xcode and write games on his own.

Yes, there are many bad games that ruined the good name of GS and apps made with GS, but we should to look at this subject from the other side - let's make a great game and show to the whole world, that quality of the game depends ONLY on the designer and not on the tool he uses.
  • kadinshinokadinshino Member Posts: 82
    maybe the GS team could come up with splash screens based off gern. So if we make a action game have a action style splash screen. or if we have a puzzle game make a splash screen that relates to puzzles. :)
    TheMoonwalls said:
    Agree, I have nothing against the GS splash screen. For me - it can stay, but it would be great if GS team make two versions of it - black and white and let us choose which one we want in our game.

If someone thinks that this is unprofessional to have this splash screen, then he should start learning Xcode and write games on his own.

Yes, there are many bad games that ruined the good name of GS and apps made with GS, but we should to look at this subject from the other side - let's make a great game and show to the whole world, that quality of the game depends ONLY on the designer and not on the tool he uses.

• BeyondtheTechBeyondtheTech Member Posts: 809
    I still wanted to develop non-game apps with GameSalad, but with an imposed splash screen of a game engine, it can be a bit misleading to the end-user.
  • kadinshinokadinshino Member Posts: 82
    BeyondtheTech said:
    I still wanted to develop non-game apps with GameSalad, but with an imposed splash screen of a game engine, it can be a bit misleading to the end-user.

but this could bring back to the basics of the splash screen. :) user beeing able to choose what they get for a splash screen would be a nice add. So as TheMoonsWalls stated having basic black and white splash screens then maybe some that just say game salad. remeber this is a program more dedicated to help build games. not user applications :)