I am wondering if anyone has made business partnerships on here?

xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
Strange I quiet, I know but, as I was working this afternoon,
I was wondering if there was a way to split the work with someone who specializes in marketing etc ....

I have lots of flash applications that I will recreate for the hand held market which is a lot of work!
But if anyone wants to get involved who also has something to contribute that helps me to grow the "francise" ( sorry for using that word) I'd be interested because I can only do so much by myself.

My first app, a beautiful trumpet which I will send to apple sometime next week, should put the name " xyloFUN" on the map!
I have no financial strategy but that will come soon ...

Any thoughts on this?
Have guys formed business partnerships on here?

Is this practical ( or not)?

Comments

• JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    I met my business partner on here :)
  • xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    that is so cool! When I posted that, i was sure there would be some Vancouver members visiting and because i have more and more apps to create, I would have loved to share with someone .... but it wasn't meant to be I suppose.

Hey, guess what? I am working on the iPhone version of a little app, nothing special and noticed that nobody had registered "tapasong.com yet! wow, GREAT find :)
    xyloFUN said:
    that is so cool! When I posted that, i was sure there would be some Vancouver members visiting and because i have more and more apps to create, I would have loved to share with someone .... but it wasn't meant to be I suppose.

Hey, guess what? I am working on the iPhone version of a little app, nothing special and noticed that nobody had registered "tapasong.com yet! wow, GREAT find :)

Well my partners not even in the same country as me, you just have to find someone you can have a good relationship with, and thats it 50 50 work wiseso theres really no risk factor if your publishing under your partners name, and then say he sends you your half. With me and him i do programming and he does graphics. Hes extremely good at what he does, and sent me the amazing graphics for the game right from the start. So the fact that he trusted me with his graphics, i trust him with the money. There still some decent people left in the world thank god :)
    and thats awesome about your iphone app! cant wait to see
    John,
    i lucked out today! Usually, redoing something is beneficial but i had no idea what i was in for.
    I can't wait to upload this puppy and get my envelope in the mail (poor mans patent)

Btw, do you protect your ideas and work in any way? I send myself self addressed envelopes with sketches and descriptions about how the software functions and looks. .... you never know :)

Anyway, I think the clarinet is not better than the trumpet!
  • DhondonDhondon Member Posts: 717
    xyloFUN said:
    John,
    i lucked out today! Usually, redoing something is beneficial but i had no idea what i was in for.
    I can't wait to upload this puppy and get my envelope in the mail (poor mans patent)

Btw, do you protect your ideas and work in any way? I send myself self addressed envelopes with sketches and descriptions about how the software functions and looks. .... you never know :)

Anyway, I think the clarinet is not better than the trumpet!

I'm the one who teamed up with John. Right now we're working on one of my ideas.
    And no, I did not protect the idea. I've been scammed before in my freelance business, and thats a horrible situation to be in. BUT, I took the chance to trust John because:
    -He is one of the few who uses his full name on the forum.
    -He has been very helpful to the GS community.
    -If he had stolen the idea, music and graphics, I'm sure the GS community would react negatively, and he would not be able to be apart of the best ideas I have (and I think I has some winners in my idea-sketchbook).

I would encourage people to form teams, so you can focus on what you do best (music,art,code). It's also great to have someone to discuss/brainstorm ideas/features with.
    hi dhondon,
    i agree completely! And yes, John has helped me the most ...
    Basically, when i came on here a few weeks ago, I wanted to find an app that would let me dump flash and continue publishing with an eye on the apple market.
    GS has potential but it all depends how fast they can produce updates and how much the next/future versions will cost ...

As far as teams go, it's hard to do everything by myself and one of my fist posts was to see if others from Vancouver would be here which would have made partnerships convenient. I have many apps to recreate and it takes a lot of time. With the right partner, development should be almost cut in half.

I've made a type in one of my last posts when I stated that the clarinet is "not" better .... what i meant to say is that the clarinet is "now" better than the trumpet!

Let's keep in touch :)

I wish you guys the best!